Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I feel my world has been shattered after my daughter told us she is gay. She’s 23 and we have a son of 26. He’s always got on with his life but our daughter is lazy and attention-seeking. She’s found it hard to make friends since leaving school. She started working as a trainee secretary but recently went into hospital administration. One girl in particular has befriended her and she’s gay. She introduced our daughter to a whole new world and has brainwashed her. I can only hope it’s a fad and she will grow out of it but I blame these so-called friends who make her think being gay is OK. I’ll never be able to accept it. I’ll be glad when she’s moved out and away from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antony Davis)
    I feel my world has been shattered after my daughter told us she is gay. She’s 23 and we have a son of 26. He’s always got on with his life but our daughter is lazy and attention-seeking. She’s found it hard to make friends since leaving school. She started working as a trainee secretary but recently went into hospital administration. One girl in particular has befriended her and she’s gay. She introduced our daughter to a whole new world and has brainwashed her. I can only hope it’s a fad and she will grow out of it but I blame these so-called friends who make her think being gay is OK. I’ll never be able to accept it. I’ll be glad when she’s moved out and away from me.
    This is just asking for someone to talk about shallow-mindedness, discrimination etc.
    But i'll just ask a simple question.
    If being gay was the norm, would you not want her to be straight?

ReputationRep:
    Why exactly is this on a student forum?

ReputationRep:
    ok .... have u only just found this out? maybe u r in shock, but are u really announcing to the whole of this forum that basically ur going to disown your daughter because she is gay? You have brought her up from when she was a baby and because she doesnt fit in with YOUR perfect expectations, u suddenly dont want to know her?
    Any other person surely would want to support her though this time, she must have been so scared to tell you how she felt and taken her a long time to come to terms with it.
    You are living in an old world - being gay is accepted these days, so why dont u open ur eyes a bit and see the world for what it is.
    I feel disgusted that you as a parent wont support her, so if she decides she actually is straight, ul accept her back as your daughter would you? cos its probly a phase shes going through, cos if u was my parent and disowned me, i almost certainly wudnt come back to u if i realised that i wasnt gay (im not by the way) but thats not the point.

U need to get real and ask urself wud u rather ur daughter have lied to you?

ReputationRep:
    First of all, your daughter has probably always been gay or whatever. The reason you didn't know is because you're ignorant. Listen to yourself speak--your world has been "shattered". Your daughter is "brainwashed". What the hell. She can make decisions for herself, and from the looks of it, you thinking she's been brainwashed tells me you think she can't think for herself...which is why your world is "shattered", because you obviously do not know who she is. "Lazy and attention-seeking" are often results of ignorant silly parents, like yourself, and families who judge people and simply can't respect somebody's individuality and choices. People are gay, get over it. This is the "gay generation", 20% of the world is gay, and I'd assume even more-so bisexual (probably 30% or even more). Just because people are so ignorant about it, and hide it well doesn't make it wrong, nonexistent, or even a problem in any way.

Children who are lazy are lazy because their life consists of people who make them feel ashamed for the things they do--criticizing them, making fun of them, joking with them, making them only the center of attention for ridicule and judgement, etc. They don't feel right doing anything, and as a result of your god damn ignorance, she won't begin to become normal until you change and stop making a case out of her (she's 23 years old dude, get over it and let her think and do for herself--treat her as normal, because she's probably more normal than you are...you are assuming her as a victim, and that ain't right), or until she's away from you/the family. Attention-seeking probably because you weren't considerate enough to give her appropriate respectful attention...you constantly see her as below you, you being above her, or completely distant. You probably treat her very unfairly, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years you find out she's not the person you think she is at all. Grow up, and learn to accept people...your daughter is still person, whether you see her as your little girl still or not. From the looks of it, however, it seems you never have...one of my proofs for this is the fact that you posted this message, and your choice of words.

Your daughter may be a dyke. Just because you have an idea of what's right and wrong doesn't make her that way. People do think for themselves...I'm guessing you're religious too since you have a problem with gay people. In that case, the best thing I can do to help you is to let you know, religion is not my kettle of fish. Stop using it as an excuse to hate people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    ok .... have u only just found this out? maybe u r in shock, but are u really announcing to the whole of this forum that basically ur going to disown your daughter because she is gay? You have brought her up from when she was a baby and because she doesnt fit in with YOUR perfect expectations, u suddenly dont want to know her?
    Any other person surely would want to support her though this time, she must have been so scared to tell you how she felt and taken her a long time to come to terms with it.
    You are living in an old world - being gay is accepted these days, so why dont u open ur eyes a bit and see the world for what it is.
    I feel disgusted that you as a parent wont support her, so if she decides she actually is straight, ul accept her back as your daughter would you? cos its probly a phase shes going through, cos if u was my parent and disowned me, i almost certainly wudnt come back to u if i realised that i wasnt gay (im not by the way) but thats not the point.

U need to get real and ask urself wud u rather ur daughter have lied to you?
    I totally agree.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Poor you...reduced to trolling on an internet forum with stories worthy of an episode of Trisha :rolleyes:

Good job she turned out to be gay and not something really bad - like a murderer or worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    I totally agree.
    yes i totally agree with u 2 **applauds**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Poor you...reduced to trolling on an internet forum with stories worthy of an episode of Trisha :rolleyes:

Good job she turned out to be gay and not something really bad - like a murderer or worse
    Couldn't agree more. I still can't believe that a father would disown his daughter just because she is gay. She is still the same person and she is still a human being... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    and hello, excuse me, but what is like a 50 year old man doing on here huh????

ReputationRep:
    err...didnt mean to sound american lol (not that theres nething wrong with being american...im jus saying...) lol

ReputationRep:
    maybe hes making it all up for a bit of argument

ReputationRep:
    Well thanks for your advice but I cannot accept this. She 'came out' (if thats what you can call it) to us during the weekend. And no I am not particularly religious, I just don't agree with homosexuality. We have never had any gay family members in our extended family. But now MY OWN daughter is a lesbian! I know her, she is probably just doing this for attention or trying to 'fit in and be accepted' by her new lesbian friends because she hasn't got any other friends. The thought of my daughter acting in a lesbian way makes me feel sick to the stomach to be quite frank. Why is she doing this to us? She is dragging our family name through dirt and I am dreading the time other family members find out about her being gay. At least we still have our son to be proud of. If she is going to be gay then I don't want anything to do with her and I'm not going to kick her out but things will never be the same and I will look forward to the time I see the back of her. Hopefully it will be quite soon. Nobody is talking to each other in my house now and everyone feels uncomfortable, why did she have to do this to us? I blame these friends I have a right mind to speak to these so called friends and leave my daughter alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    maybe hes making it all up for a bit of argument
    As over dramatic as his speech was I don't think it was made up...And if he did it would just be an insult to people who are in that situation me thinks...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You don't write like the father of a 23 year old. You write like a 14 year old pretending to be their own parent on a sick note.

I'm a troll fold-i-roll and I'll eat you for my supper
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to say you have brought her up with all her moles, yet she might be rebeling. Though Eriksons say will be going though Identify 'V' Role confusion and if you don't support her know she will be confused. There fore i suggest that you support her and tell her i ok anything that she does you will support her. It's not very nice when your dad disown you, as i should know. Though if you love your daughter you let her decidison even if you think it's wrong as they learn there own mistakes. Though she won't tell you she pregnant if she gay.

But just be there for her, as she need it's this point of time

Regards

Anne

ReputationRep:
    Well thanks for your advice but I cannot accept this. She 'came out' (if thats what you can call it) to us during the weekend. And no I am not particularly religious, I just don't agree with homosexuality. We have never had any gay family members in our extended family. But now MY OWN daughter is a lesbian! I know her, she is probably just doing this for attention or trying to 'fit in and be accepted' by her new lesbian friends because she hasn't got any other friends. The thought of my daughter acting in a lesbian way makes me feel sick to the stomach to be quite frank. Why is she doing this to us? She is dragging our family name through dirt and I am dreading the time other family members find out about her being gay. At least we still have our son to be proud of. If she is going to be gay then I don't want anything to do with her and I'm not going to kick her out but things will never be the same and I will look forward to the time I see the back of her. Hopefully it will be quite soon. Nobody is talking to each other in my house now and everyone feels uncomfortable, why did she have to do this to us? I blame these friends I have a right mind to speak to these so called friends and leave my daughter alone.
    i have come to the conclusion u have made this up for an argument. i agree with whoever suggested that in the first place.
    Congratulations...u nearly had us going there!!

(ur still sick)

ReputationRep:
    dragging your family name through dirt? Who do you think you are? she has the right to a life, the right to be happy and your worried about your family name?

ReputationRep:
    I really hope that this was a fake dilema because right now its actually laughable and im laughing at myself for getting worked up lol

ReputationRep:
    i can see from ure point of view that u may be dissapointed with her but put ureself in her position. or if doing that annoys u then just accept her as she is. after all its her life and shes an adult so how does it affect u in anyway. as long as shes nice wiv u wot does it matter?
    i cant judge ure daughter coz i dont know her but im just looking at it frm the worst point of view

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.