Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Antony Davis)
    I am a telesales executive.
    What's the money like in telesales these days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)

Well they closing them all down soon, so he should be looking for a job, not on here

Anne

ReputationRep:
    Oh and 47 years ago Antony without an H was extremely uncommon...Anthony is the "proper" spelling that has only fallen out of favour in the last 20 yrs or so.
    Well I must be a special case then, my parents named me Antony. My friends call me Ant for short.

ReputationRep:
    I am not an idiot.
    I beg to differ

ReputationRep:
    I am only human, yes 47 year olds can make spelling mistakes like everyone else you know? You don't automatically get better at spelling as you age. That is the silliest thing I've heard.
    Read my posts, dude. If you're looking for advice, at least let us know you're reading the advice rather than arguing over petty little "this is not real" posts. Some of us don't care if it's real or not--we're trying to offer advice on the topic at hand. It don't help when you ignore the real responses, and keep arguing about stupid stuff. I do believe this is real, which is why I'm responding. attention please...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Well I must be a special case then, my parents named me Antony. My friends call me Ant for short.
    You have a nickname - it must be true then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I am only human, yes 47 year olds can make spelling mistakes like everyone else you know? You don't automatically get better at spelling as you age. That is the silliest thing I've heard.
    i expect youll get over it eventually. just dont do/say anything daft in the heat of the moment, otherwise you could live to regret it.

ReputationRep:
    You have a nickname - it must be true then :rolleyes:
    Does it matter? If you think it's fake, then don't respond. I'd bet it's true, as it sounds real. The guy's just really ignorant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    Read my posts, dude. If you're looking for advice, at least let us know you're reading the advice rather than arguing over petty little "this is not real" posts. Some of us don't care if it's real or not--we're trying to offer advice on the topic at hand. It don't help when you ignore the real responses, and keep arguing about stupid ****. I do believe this is real, which is why I'm responding. attention please...

I have read your posts with interest and thanked you for your advice. However I don't think I can accept my daughter being gay this has tore my family apart. I will think about what you said but I don't think I can accept it. I just hope that this is a phase she is going through because of these so-called friends. I think she is either seeking attention or trying to fit in with this group, or more likely probably both. You may call me old-fashioned but this is just the way I am, I don't agree with homosexuality. This has broken mine and her mothers heart, why can't she be more like her brother. This is quite possibly one of the worst things she could have possibly done to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i expect youll get over it eventually. just dont do/say anything daft in the heat of the moment, otherwise you could live to regret it.
    Can you do an IP search? See who the "daughter" is. LOL maybe you could find her some counciling lol
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by caz)
    Does it matter? If you think it's fake, then don't respond. I'd bet it's true, as it sounds real. The guy's just really ignorant...
    He's a troll fold-i-roll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    Can you do an IP search? See who the "daughter" is. LOL maybe you could find her some counciling lol
    i already have... hes the only one using his IP as far as i can see.

ReputationRep:

I don't think my salary is any business of yours. I was brought up to acknowledge that it is quite rude asking what someone earns.

ReputationRep:
    I have read your posts with interest and thanked you for your advice. However I don't think I can accept my daughter being gay this has tore my family apart. I will think about what you said but I don't think I can accept it. I just hope that this is a phase she is going through because of these so-called friends. I think she is either seeking attention or trying to fit in with this group, or more likely probably both. You may call me old-fashioned but this is just the way I am, I don't agree with homosexuality. This has broken mine and her mothers heart, why can't she be more like her brother. This is quite possibly one of the worst things she could have possibly done to us.
    That or she didnt have any choice in doing it to you, if it is a phase then what you do now will determine whether or not she speaks to you in a few years. If it isnt then you have to live with it, accept these friends are her friends, that this is her choice and that you have nothing to do with it and shouldnt interfer. What are you going to do if her brother turns around and says hes gay in a few years, get rid of him too?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I have to go now my daughter will be home soon I don't want her to know i've been checking her computer. Goodbye and good day. Thank you for your advice, even though I didn't get any real answers to what I wanted to know thanks anyway.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I don't think my salary is any business of yours. I was brought up to acknowledge that it is quite rude asking what someone earns.
    :confused: where did I ask what *you* earn - I was asking for a quick market analysis, the sort of analysis only someone working in the industry (like yourself) would be able to give.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I have to go now my daughter will be home soon I don't want her to know i've been checking her computer. Goodbye and good day. Thank you for your advice, even though I didn't get any real answers to what I wanted to know thanks anyway.
    (Original post by Muffle)
    Your an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffle)
    That or she didnt have any choice in doing it to you, if it is a phase then what you do now will determine whether or not she speaks to you in a few years. If it isnt then you have to live with it, accept these friends are her friends, that this is her choice and that you have nothing to do with it and shouldnt interfer. What are you going to do if her brother turns around and says hes gay in a few years, get rid of him too?

We are proud of our son he would never do that to us and he wouldn't claim to be a homosexual just to seek attention like our daughter. Our daughter has always been one to seek attention and let us down.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Funny - I didn't read any real questions or requests for help. Only a load of attention seeking and requests for affirmation of a bigotted position.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: where did I ask what *you* earn - I was asking for a quick market analysis, the sort of analysis only someone working in the industry (like yourself) would be able to give.

For your information people at my level can earn anywhere from £25 000 to £45 000 per annum depending on experience and level of job responsiblity. I am in the higher end for you information.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.