Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to Royal Holloway in 04?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffi)
    dont wanna but got an interview

ReputationRep:
    Have applied there (for english) and not heard yet, could end up going there but I doubt it very much as my first choice unis have lower entrance requirements!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffi)
    I received an invitation to go to an open day in February, don't know if I will be able to. I'm applying for history and got an unconditional offer. Are you going to one of the open days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    I received an invitation to go to an open day in February, don't know if I will be able to. I'm applying for history and got an unconditional offer. Are you going to one of the open days?

Are you post a level? I posted this q to saffi in another threaad but i'm really intrigued!! The guy of the other thread has got an offer of EE and she /he has an unconditional offer and now you have an unconditional offer too!! So does this mean they are tending to lower their requirements for studnets they really like ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    Are you post a level? I posted this q to saffi in another threaad but i'm really intrigued!! The guy of the other thread has got an offer of EE and she /he has an unconditional offer and now you have an unconditional offer too!! So does this mean they are tending to lower their requirements for studnets they really like ??
    That's right, I am a post A-level applicant (sorry I should have mentioned this). Well, I hope they like me They're the only uni I've heard from so far, apart from Cambridge (invitation for an interview). Quite a few people already seem to hold offer from Durham, which is my second choice, which I find a bit strange!

Anyway, yes, I'm sure they are giving low offers to candidates they like... everyone does...

ReputationRep:
    im 22 a mature student, but with bags of enthusiasum for my subject. The entry requirements for mature students is a combination of life experience, grades and if they think you can hack it.
    I just did a Cert of Higher Education they said i had to pass 60% to get in.
    Im going open day in March (to man in Germany, thats very far away dude!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffi)
    im 22 a mature student, but with bags of enthusiasum for my subject. The entry requirements for mature students is a combination of life experience, grades and if they think you can hack it.
    I just did a Cert of Higher Education they said i had to pass 60% to get in.
    Im going open day in March (to man in Germany, thats very far away dude!)
    What subject are you going to be doing? Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    What subject are you going to be doing? Good luck !
    I will be doing Zoology, its been a bit of a struggle but finally made i it.
    Was supposed to go this year 03/04 but the course was full, this year however they said i am top of the list! Im just really looking forward to it now. cheers for the luck batman

ReputationRep:
    Have been invited to History Dept on Feb 4th to have a look around. Tho it's my last choice, it's my only offer thus far....so reckon i will go and have a look around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Have been invited to History Dept on Feb 4th to have a look around. Tho it's my last choice, it's my only offer thus far....so reckon i will go and have a look around.
    Hey Aliel, same for me, I put RHUL last on my list, but I haven't received any other offers so far. I'm not sure if I will attend the open day, though.

What other unis have you applied to? Have you applied to Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Aliel, same for me, I put RHUL last on my list, but I haven't received any other offers so far. I'm not sure if I will attend the open day, though.

What other unis have you applied to? Have you applied to Oxbridge?

I have applied to the following:
    LSE
    Oxford
    UCL
    Durham
    Kings
    Royal Holloway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    I have applied to the following:
    LSE
    Oxford
    UCL
    Durham
    Kings
    Royal Holloway
    I've applied to:

Cambridge (St. John's)
    Durham (Collingwood)
    Exeter
    Nottingham
    Royal Holloway

Which colleges in Oxford and Durham? Have you had you interviews at Oxford yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to:

Cambridge (St. John's)
    Durham (Collingwood)
    Exeter
    Nottingham
    Royal Holloway

Which colleges in Oxford and Durham? Have you had you interviews at Oxford yet?

Applied to Pembroke college, Oxford. For Durham, i applied to University College. Nope sent work off to Oxford, yet to receive an interview yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Applied to Pembroke college, Oxford. For Durham, i applied to University College. Nope sent work off to Oxford, yet to receive an interview yet.
    Are you doing history as a single subject? I am (V 100). I've got my interview in Cambridge on the 9th.

Which period(s) of history are you interested in?

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing history as a single subject? I am (V 100). I've got my interview in Cambridge on the 9th.

Which period(s) of history are you interested in?

Yep. History as a single subject. I am interested in 20th century french history and tunisian political history since 1950s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffi)

I thought Holloway was a womans prison where that evil ***** Maxine Carr is caged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Yep. History as a single subject. I am interested in 20th century french history and tunisian political history since 1950s.
    Why have you stolen Haz's pic for an avatar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoistFannyHole)
    I thought Holloway was a womans prison where that evil ***** Maxine Carr is caged?
    hehe. Nope. It's in Surrey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    hehe. Nope. It's in Surrey.

Oh okay. Thats a pic of Haz though thats her photo!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.