The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
subspace5000
Will Nottingham send an email to confirm whether I've got my place or not, or will I just have to check ucas?

Thanks.

I checked UCAS track first, I can't remember if I got sent an email :unsure:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
They do have that nifty applicants portal thing.
Reply 3
LH123
They do have that nifty applicants portal thing.

Can we find out if we get in through there? :eek:
Reply 4
Mr Snips

I don't know. Would be cool if we could, though. Especially if it updates before Track. :teeth:

Did they have the applicants portal last year? Anyone know?
Reply 5
Mr Snips

I think the portal takes a few hours to update; mine didn't update until the next day. So I don't think you'll be able to use that to find out ahead lol. Nice try though :p:
Dijobla
I think the portal takes a few hours to update; mine didn't update until the next day. So I don't think you'll be able to use that to find out ahead lol. Nice try though :p:

Yep. the portal is pretty slow, it did take a while last year
Reply 7
LH123
I don't know. Would be cool if we could, though. Especially if it updates before Track.

Did they have the applicants portal last year? Anyone know?

Dijobla
I think the portal takes a few hours to update; mine didn't update until the next day. So I don't think you'll be able to use that to find out ahead lol. Nice try though

I just logged on and it said

Information not available

We are unable to display this information until the A-level results are released.
Please revisit this page from 11am on Thursday 20th August, when this information will be available.

/cunningplan
Mr Snips

/cunningplan

The key word there is 'from' though :p: I think Track would have updated before the portal though. That's what it did for me last year :smile:
Reply 9
Always ruining my dreams. :sad:
Reply 10
Mr Snips

/cunningplan

Argh, no fair, my lovely nice "congratulations" Applicants Portal has been slighted by that message too! Ruddy A Levels :p:. Now I have to wait until 20th to see it again. :emo:
I checked track around 8am which told me I'd got in - I seem to remember the portal being down altogether, presumably through traffic pressures or something technical like that...

Then it was the agonising, edgy celebrations which lasted for 3 hours until I got my results so I could check that UCAS hadn't cocked it up and accidentally said I was accepted wrongly.

I was so concerned that I actually started preparing my letter of complaint to UCAS incase that had happened :biggrin: And I'm deadly serious about that!

As soon as you arrive at Notts, assuming you get in, you will set up a username and password and your portal will change - not by much, it'll just be more personalised with module choices and whatnot when you actually register for them when you get there.
Track updates at around 7
The portal at around 11.

Latest