School Song Translation +rep

Watch this thread
thethinker
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Would someone please translate my school's song for me. Thanks!

Quam bonum est
In hac fraternitate
Vitam jucundam agree!
Te duce nostro
Philipe Pater
In vitae proelio
Vincemus

Vivat academia
Sint tibi professores
Qui nos in juventute dirigant
Magister noster
Philippe Bone
Nos in operibus
Adjuva!

Vivat Rex! Vivat Grex!
Potens in caritate
Vivat et floreat in saecula
Legifer noster
Philippe Iuste
Fac nos in patria
Vivere!
thethinker
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
How embarrasing. The coursework bot bump was wasted.
cyberdrummer
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Just a quick translation - I think it's pretty much there:

How good it is to lead a joyous/pleasant life in this fraternity. Father, with Philip as our guide, we will be victorious (over you? not quite sure how the 'te' fits in) in the battle of life . May the school live, may there be teachers who direct us in our youth. Our master, good Philip, aid us in our work! May the king live! May the flock (i.e. students) live! Powerful, may they live in affection and flourish in this age. Our law-giver, just Philip, make it so that we might live in our homeland.
thethinker
Rep:
(Original post by cyberdrummer)
Just a quick translation - I think it's pretty much there:

How good it is to lead a joyous/pleasant life in this fraternity. Father, with Philip as our guide, we will be victorious (over you? not quite sure how the 'te' fits in) in the battle of life . May the school live, may there be teachers who direct us in our youth. Our master, good Philip, aid us in our work! May the king live! May the flock (i.e. students) live! Powerful, may they live in affection and flourish in this age. Our law-giver, just Philip, make it so that we might live in our homeland.
Thank you! I’ll rep you when I return from abroad.
Peanut42
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Your school sure loves that Philip! :p:
polymath98
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
London Oratory school song
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads