The Student Room Group

School Song Translation +rep

Would someone please translate my school's song for me. Thanks!

Quam bonum est
In hac fraternitate
Vitam jucundam agree!
Te duce nostro
Philipe Pater
In vitae proelio
Vincemus

Vivat academia
Sint tibi professores
Qui nos in juventute dirigant
Magister noster
Philippe Bone
Nos in operibus
Adjuva!

Vivat Rex! Vivat Grex!
Potens in caritate
Vivat et floreat in saecula
Legifer noster
Philippe Iuste
Fac nos in patria
Vivere!
Reply 1
How embarrasing. The coursework bot bump was wasted.
Just a quick translation - I think it's pretty much there:

How good it is to lead a joyous/pleasant life in this fraternity. Father, with Philip as our guide, we will be victorious (over you? not quite sure how the 'te' fits in) in the battle of life . May the school live, may there be teachers who direct us in our youth. Our master, good Philip, aid us in our work! May the king live! May the flock (i.e. students) live! Powerful, may they live in affection and flourish in this age. Our law-giver, just Philip, make it so that we might live in our homeland.
Reply 3
cyberdrummer
Just a quick translation - I think it's pretty much there:

How good it is to lead a joyous/pleasant life in this fraternity. Father, with Philip as our guide, we will be victorious (over you? not quite sure how the 'te' fits in) in the battle of life . May the school live, may there be teachers who direct us in our youth. Our master, good Philip, aid us in our work! May the king live! May the flock (i.e. students) live! Powerful, may they live in affection and flourish in this age. Our law-giver, just Philip, make it so that we might live in our homeland.

Thank you! I’ll rep you when I return from abroad. :smile:
Reply 4
Your school sure loves that Philip! :p:
London Oratory school song

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending