Fingers hurt after drinking? Watch

Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,

Went out drinking again last night, and this is a problem that I have every time the next day... basically the tips of my fingers feel really sore - like it's hard to type on a keyboard or touch the ends with anything.

It goes again after a couple of days...

Firstly does anyone else experience this, or do you think it might be a symptom of some underlying problem?

Cheers
pete1111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did you consume any vodka red bulls? I had a really numb feeling the other night in my hands and they were tingling - I then read online that when you mix caffeine and alcohol the mixture of stimulant from the caffine combined with the deppresant in the alcohol is extremly dangerous and appar someone in sweeden died from drinking too much caffine with alcohol?
Rep:
?
(Original post by pete1111)
Did you consume any vodka red bulls? I had a really numb feeling the other night in my hands and they were tingling - I then read online that when you mix caffeine and alcohol the mixture of stimulant from the caffine combined with the deppresant in the alcohol is extremly dangerous and appar someone in sweeden died from drinking too much caffine with alcohol?
Nope, I had a small glass of pepsi some time but that was it!

Just to make it clear, I get this when I go out drinking all night - not when I have just a couple of pints :P

Edit: Yeah, it's also toes as well... so nails haha
ramzwj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe you got really drunk and stuck your fingers in a blender.

Or the Devil's vagina?
Rep:
?
(Original post by ramzwj)
Maybe you got really drunk and stuck your fingers in a blender.

Or the Devil's vagina?
You know, that could be it actually. :curious:
pete1111
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A doctor would probably tell you to avoid alcohol for a bit and see if it continues but i know how hard it is to avoid alcohol and go out!
stargirl12
Report 9 years ago
allergy perhaps? or it could be that the alcahol is having a reaction with your nerve endings in you finger tips? If it carries on, id go see your GP to put your mind at rest
Scipio
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You have Finger Chlamydia from slappers.
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Alcoholic neuropathy? Well not quite that, but you're getting nerve symptoms and you should probably take them seriously and stick to just a couple of pints..
princebansal
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I experience the same every time. I thought I played keyboard one night, it may be due to that. But next time, I did nothing and still, it seemed as if my fingers are at a verge of dismantling. The pain would go in a couple of days. Couldn't find any other cases on the web other than this thread. I don't think any research has been done on this case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (161)
18.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.92%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.72%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (124)
14.3%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.69%
How can I be the best version of myself? (267)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise