Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just wonderin coz i find it really hard and cant get motivated so end up doing nothing. ive now got 4 week before the exams in jan coz im doing 2 resits and 1 a2. have i left it too late and how do you get motivated?
    thanx in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wonderin coz i find it really hard and cant get motivated so end up doing nothing. ive now got 4 week before the exams in jan coz im doing 2 resits and 1 a2. have i left it too late and how do you get motivated?
    thanx in advance
    To get motivated : think of success. Just imagine that if you work hard you'll come out with excellent results and it's something to be pleased about! If you get an A you will be soooooo happy so just think of that really.
    Yeah you have left it a bit late but you can't change the past so get revising now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    To get motivated : think of success. Just imagine that if you work hard you'll come out with excellent results and it's something to be pleased about! If you get an A you will be soooooo happy so just think of that really.
    Yeah you have left it a bit late but you can't change the past so get revising now!
    yeah thanks for advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    yeah thanks for advice
    My pleasure and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    i find it hard 2 revise as well, so sometimes i dont... and it doesnt really affect my grade

ReputationRep:
    Used poster, put each individual topic on each poster an dmind map then, this what i'm being doing for the last two years, and my grades has improved. As you don't relasise you are taking the information in, though you are in the sub-consious mind. This is how people take in useless information or in this case useful information

Regards

Anne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i find it hard 2 revise as well, so sometimes i dont... and it doesnt really affect my grade
    Ditto. Can't revise. Don't how to revise. Never cared about revising. Still got A's. Basically because there aren't that much for me remember. You know, just a few equations and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Ditto. Can't revise. Don't how to revise. Never cared about revising. Still got A's. Basically because there aren't that much for me remember. You know, just a few equations and that's it.
    how can u get a's without revising. u must have listened really well in lessons

ReputationRep:
    seriously do this because this is what helped me

basically, for my jan modules last year, i ****ed up and had to retake those modules along with all my other modules, so it came out to 12 modules which was extremely demotivating

i'll tell you the methods in how i revised:

1) go to the library - seriously, this is one of the best places to revise. no interuptions (no tv, internet, computer, games consoles, etc,etc) so all you can do is work! all libraries have study areas so just sit down at 9-10 am and do solid work, take breaks every hour for 10-15 mins and finish at about 4-5 pm. thats a good 5-6 hours which is more than enough for a day, plus if you want, just do some light revision in the evening.

2) past papers - these things helped me so much. do these, as they help you with exam techniques, and then look at the mark scheme, and for the answers where they may ask you to define, give advantages/disadvantages, write them down on a piece of paper and revise from them because if they come up (as a few did in my exams), then you will have perfect mark scheme answers!

3) revision notes - write revision notes, cover them up, jot them down in brief in pencil on another piece of paper and see if the main concepts are right, if not, keep on trying, until you get them right. do spider diagrams, analogies, abbreviations,things that will stay in your memory

at the end of doing all this,i got 4 As and what i didnt do in the jan. modules was past papers. they give you exam technique, if you have that, and the content, you are sorted and on course for A's

ReputationRep:
    thanx for ya time - must av taken ya ages typin all that. anyway, do u know any sites which have past papers on them? just coz i did p.e mod 1 this year and im resitting in jan and cant find the paper that i did crap on.

ReputationRep:
    just go to the exam board your subjects are on

www.aqa.org.uk
    www.ocr.org.uk
    www.edexcel.org.uk

those are the main 3 but im sure if you have other boards, then try them in google or something

they all have past papers and mark schemes, they are free

if you wanted, you can order them from the exam board themselves

after my AS exams, i ordered all the past papers and mark schemes from the board directly from 2001-2003 summer exams and i think i paid £48. it is alittle expensive but its worth it

good luck,

sandeep

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2003
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.