Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have ppl recieved interview and/or rejeciton letters yet....does that mean the rest of ours are on the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    Have ppl recieved interview and/or rejeciton letters yet....does that mean the rest of ours are on the way?
    I am post-alevel, but am in contact with people at my former school. Apparently most of those applying to Oxford have already received invitiations for interviews. I have not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    I am post-alevel, but am in contact with people at my former school. Apparently most of those applying to Oxford have already received invitiations for interviews. I have not.
    well.....i am international and it takes ages for the post to get here.....guess i will have to phone or wait........since 85% of applicants get invited for an interview, it is by no means a guarantee of getting in thoguh...

ReputationRep:
    well.....i am international and it takes ages for the post to get here.....guess i will have to phone or wait........since 85% of applicants get invited for an interview, it is by no means a guarantee of getting in thoguh...

My friend last year received her invitation 2 days before her interview last year!! She had given up all hope and didnt even bother to phone. She ended up getting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    My friend last year received her invitation 2 days before her interview last year!! She had given up all hope and didnt even bother to phone. She ended up getting in.
    yeah a few ppl from my school found out like 3-4 days before the interview....luckily they had already booked tickets and were able to go....they both managed to get in as well...to christ church

ReputationRep:
    yeah a few ppl from my school found out like 3-4 days before the interview....luckily they had already booked tickets and were able to go....they both managed to get in as well...to christ church

inspirational stories hey..

ReputationRep:
    I'm also an international and recieved my rejection on Saturday (one day after it was sent).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    inspirational stories hey..
    yes......which college did u apply to at oxford...and for what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    I'm also an international and recieved my rejection on Saturday (one day after it was sent).

ReputationRep:
    Yea, my tutor rang St Hugh’s up today only to find that they were actually in the process of deliberating over who they were going to give interviews to. They e-mailed her back an hour later to say that I had indeed been summoned though \o/

ReputationRep:
    Even though a few people on here have been really unlucky most people are interviewed so don't worry about it too much. The hard part is convincing the interviewers that they should give you one of their places. I wouldn't ring the college until it gets to four days before the interview date, as specified, because this will just cause annoyance.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    I still have not received mine either,I applied for econ&manag. and on the prospectus,it said they only take 4 students in St.Annes each year for this course. a bit worried....

ReputationRep:

Sick of hearing about OXFORD AND CAMBRIDGE! You must know that most people hate them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-dior)
    I still have not received mine either,I applied for econ&manag. and on the prospectus,it said they only take 4 students in St.Annes each year for this course. a bit worried....
    There's only one student in each year for my subject and I still got in. Don't worry about it. St Anne's isn't the most, ahem, beautiful of colleges but it has a real community spirit. Four places is probably about average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rotten.com)
    Sick of hearing about OXFORD AND CAMBRIDGE! You must know that most people hate them!
    Erm, actually people hate YOU. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    It depends on the college how much time it will take. Some send them out way in advance, but my friend applied to St Hughs and didnt get a letter asking her to be interviewed til a couple of days before.
    Did you ring the college you applied for to check then?
    yeah....my carreers advisor is doing that for all of us tommmorow i think..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Even though a few people on here have been really unlucky most people are interviewed so don't worry about it too much. The hard part is convincing the interviewers that they should give you one of their places. I wouldn't ring the college until it gets to four days before the interview date, as specified, because this will just cause annoyance.

To be fair, considering he is coming all the way from Qatar, I think they would understand his need to know slightly earlier than most candidates :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    To be fair, considering he is coming all the way from Qatar, I think they would understand his need to know slightly earlier than most candidates :\
    yeah...hopefully they will take that into consideration./.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Yea, my tutor rang St Hugh’s up today only to find that they were actually in the process of deliberating over who they were going to give interviews to. They e-mailed her back an hour later to say that I had indeed been summoned though \o/

nice nice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rotten.com)
    you've posted replies on two oxford forums now... maybe you should search for something else?

Ive applied to Univ and not heard anything yet about an interview :-(

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.