Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I want to resit my gcse's after working for the past 13 years. I intend to do english, maths and one more so what i want to know is which subject you found easy.
    After being out of the education scene for 13 years psycology and sociology always seem to be singled out as being easy but history and geography seem quite intresting as well as law.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Ian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egorr110)
    Hi,
    I want to resit my gcse's after working for the past 13 years. I intend to do english, maths and one more so what i want to know is which subject you found easy.
    After being out of the education scene for 13 years psycology and sociology always seem to be singled out as being easy but history and geography seem quite intresting as well as law.
    Ian
    In order of easyness:

Mathematics
    Mathematics
    Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Ian
    if what people say is true, you will have no problem, because (apparently) the standards are declining.

ReputationRep:
    Not a very clear answer that. Are you saying any of the subjects i named are easy or are you saying in general all the subjects are easy compared to when i last sat my exams?

ReputationRep:
    Not a very clear answer that. Are you saying any of the subjects i named are easy or are you saying in general all the subjects are easy compared to when i last sat my exams?
    apparently (according to the media) all subjects are easier now than when you sat them. but whether this is true is anybody's guess.

ReputationRep:
    Nope..my mummy's a teacher and she showed me papers from 10 years ago and now...the content of ours is seemingly more difficult. But the marking has changed. We now mark it positively, before marks were deducted. Just media hype

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Ian

I don't know how you'd go about it. You should contact your local college or local education authority (LEA) they should be able to give you advice. Have you ever thought of just going straight in and doing A-Levels? I think when you are a mature student you don't need to have 5 C's and above to do them, you just need good reading and writing skills. Maybe you should just go straight to A-Level instead.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so thats somthing to look into. Which a levels did you find easy?
    As i said i only got a f in maths and d in english so would still like to get these upto a c pass but would be intrested in history a level.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.