The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

TSR Herts Freshers Meet Up 2009

I've just started a group on facebook to cater for this, so if you want to come along either sign in here or the group (or both to make doubly sure :p: ) and we'll see what we can do :smile:

Click me. Don't forget to post your username!

Edit: The was to hold this at the elehouse but my Emmy tells me it wont be ready for freshers so i'll have to have a scout when i get down there for a better venue. Argh. Thinking possibly a BBQ, let me know if you're for/against this.

Sign-In List:

Oldies -
DoktaUH
EmmyW87 (probably late)
MandaJR86

Freshers -
steventhfc (probably late)
Viridis
madhattertom
Pop_tart
Swi1ch
Sheddo
Jesska123
ahtiandr
Prettyinpunk1
Banu_Hashim
mrshembrough
padru
headbandix
RedStarKatie
Efer
s+lky
darylanne
Erna.N
TDR62

Plus 1 unnamed lurker :p:

If you're not on the list and want to be, or you're listed as attending and not, let me know :smile: Also can you join the facebook group aswell so i know who to be looking for, don't really want people wandering over and saying they're part of the group when they arn't :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The who's bringing what post As of 16th Sept

For the BBQ we'll need to following;

BBQ - DoktaUH
Meats - Sheddo (Burgers)
Salad - ?
Bread/Buns - Pop_Tart
Cutlery - Jesska123
Blankets to sit/lay on - headbandix
Drinks - Non-Alcoholic - Jesska123 (Coke, Fanta and Sprite), Pop_Tart (Fruit Juice)
Drinks - Alcoholic - Swi1tch
Glasses - Jesska123

Suggestions from others;

Fruit - MandaJR86
Rubbish bags - DoktaUH
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
whooooooop bring it on - im saying ele :wink:
Reply 3
I joined up! I'm not that keen on the whole clubbing scene but if we did Ele and then maybe the forum afterwards I could be persuaded :wink:
Reply 4
MandaJR86
I joined up! I'm not that keen on the whole clubbing scene but if we did Ele and then maybe the forum afterwards I could be persuaded :wink:

At the moment the plan is just the EleHouse, from experience i've found if a huge group try to stick together in a club environment it just doesn't work :p:
Reply 5
DoktaUH
At the moment the plan is just the EleHouse, from experience i've found if a huge group try to stick together in a club environment it just doesn't work :p:

Exactly.

"Wheres Rob , Wheres Emmy , ah they've all fecked off!"

:p:
Reply 6
steventhfc
Exactly.

"Wheres Rob , Wheres Emmy , ah they've all fecked off!"

:p:

Well we'll both know the state of the Forum before you get there :p: tbh there is nothing stopping us spending the whole night (up til the Ele closes) in there :smile:
Reply 7
i shall be there to spy on you guys :teeth:
Reply 8
Feel free to join in by introducing yourself :p:
I will go. What day we planning on doing this.
Reply 10
If you read the group you'd see :p:
Reply 11
Not enough face palm available.
Reply 12
DoktaUH
Feel free to join in by introducing yourself :p:

I was just kidding...'course i will :yep:
Reply 13
*sigh* Elehouse wont be ready in time for freshers. Will have to find another venue nearer the time :frown:
Reply 14
DoktaUH
*sigh* Elehouse wont be ready in time for freshers. Will have to find another venue nearer the time :frown:

I'm sure we will find a spot for us all together :biggrin:
Reply 15
what about the sports bar on de hav?
Reply 16
MandaJR86
what about the sports bar on de hav?

For a CL fresher its a bit difficult to find/describe. I'm tempted by saying on of the halls' common rooms, but i'll have a look round when i get there in 2 weeks or so.
Reply 17
Hmm hows about a BBQ? Opinions please :smile:
Reply 18
DoktaUH
Hmm hows about a BBQ? Opinions please :smile:

Yes! I think that's a great way to do something together! if everyone brings something along we wont have huge costs. it's a good and fun way to meet others outside your course/accomodation.

great idea! :woo:
Reply 19
This is cool sign me up. I'm sure I can find the free time :P

Latest

Trending

Trending