Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The world as it is today.

An onslaught of changes most people have trouble coping with.

Women's liberation. Cool. equality. I'd like to see some ladies claiming responsibility and doing work without demanding special treatment.
    A man doesn't, at work. Equality works both ways. Benefits and Burdens.

Gay liberation - No problem with gays as long as they dont try anything funny with me. They do their thing and stick to their own kind and i dont have a problem with them. Flauting is unattractive.
    I met some gay guys in my time. Sean, a straight-acting macho type.
    Brian, a shy swimmer. Kenny, the personnification of Queen Status.
    Marvin, more fem than Elton John.
    Funny thing is, I didnt have a problem with any of them. But there is one gay guy I hated. Let's call him Michael. The cousin of my aunt from canada. Married with children. Straight-appearing. He hit on me and tried to touch me. I got away. This made me extremely suspicious of any gay men. I dont hate them but they are potential predators so I am careful. You never know and I say this with Reason.

Feminism - There is nothing wrong with defending women's rights.
    Male bashing is ugly. Being a man-hater is not empowering. It is outright stupid. Some women justify their same-sex relations by saying men are pigs. Lots of men are frustrated with women. You dont see any man saying : " women are so mean. I am so gonna go gay !"
    Defend the rights of women. Be EQUALS in relationships. Take responsibility instead of assigning blame. Understand that a man's life is not easy. He has to approach you and court you. All you do is sit there. Try to compromise. Dont be all one-sided.

To women withholding sex from their men : that is the surest way to guarantee he will cheat. He may love you but he still has needs. Deny him and he has to go elsewhere. Even a good man can be tempted.

Dont generalize. Not of all men are the same. We are workers and thinkers and builders and fathers and businessmen and craftsmen and physicians and athletes and intellectuals. we are all REAL men.

We men have trouble understanding women. We usually mean what we say. You speak in codes. Explain. Clarify. If you say everything is fine while it isnt, we are likely to believe you.

Farewell.

ReputationRep:
    why do you always post these weird posts that could have been lifted straight out of the abstract of a glossy american soap opera?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    why do you always post these weird posts that could have been lifted straight out of the abstract of a glossy american soap opera?
    Haha that is so true - sounds like something off 'Sex and the City'.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    Lol.. I agree with everything apart from..

(Original post by Wolfman117)
    To women withholding sex from their men : that is the surest way to guarantee he will cheat. He may love you but he still has needs
    What the..!?
    Doesn't sound like equality to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I think it's quite funny actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    look at them:

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=16906
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=17383
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=17494
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=17496

ReputationRep:
    Haha who is this wolfman guy then? And why ask these questions on a student forum?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.