Turn on thread page Beta

stuck on pride and prejudice essay in for tommorow! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i need help with how liz reacts to darcys letter to her and why does she decide to visit pemberley....and also, why does wickham mary lydia, what did they do when they went to brighton/scotland?lol, pls help im really confused
    thank you....evry help is valued
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Elizabeth felt very confused emotions when she read the letter, angry because Darcy was still being proud and unapologetic, shocked at the story about wickham and i think rather disappointed that Darcy was not apologising to her and proposing again, although she did not have any real hope of that. Wickham married Lydia because Darcy bribed him . They did not go to Scotland only as far as London. Lydia had been sleeping with wickham (disgrace) and thought he was going to take her to Gretna green to get married but he had no real intention of doing so. He only married her because of darcy, but she never knew that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and about pemberley, she believed darcy was going to be away and as her aunt was keen to go, Lizzie did not want to have to explain to her about all the things that had gone on between her and darcy, which she would have had to do if she had shown her doubts about visiting. Obviously she was also curious and half wanted to go herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spinkle)
    i need help with how liz reacts to darcys letter to her and why does she decide to visit pemberley....and also, why does wickham mary lydia, what did they do when they went to brighton/scotland?lol, pls help im really confused
    thank you....evry help is valued
    xxx
    Liz has mixed emotions about the letter sum parts she is upset about others she's confused it depends on on who Darcy's talking about, She knows pemberly is a huge and awesome (incredible place and she thinks she knows that Darcy isn't there, back in those days premarital sex was wrong and once you did something like that you had to get married I Wickam was forced to marry Lydia by Darcy, and I'm not real sure about that last question you talking about lydia and wickham or just lydia sorry i couldn't help with all of it and hope what I gave you was helpful

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.