Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone read the book 'The Woman in white' its one of my favourite books and I was wondering whether anyone would like to discuss the book with me or just voice your opinions about it.
    Its by the author Wilkie Collins who was Charles Dickens most successful pupil and the book was the biggest seller in its time with many merchandise based on the book being sold.

So out your voices bookworms, Die-hard-WilkieCollins fans and anyone else who has read it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icarusgideon)
    Has anyone read the book 'The Woman in white' its one of my favourite books and I was wondering whether anyone would like to discuss the book with me or just voice your opinions about it.
    Its by the author Wilkie Collins who was Charles Dickens most successful pupil and the book was the biggest seller in its time with many merchandise based on the book being sold.

So out your voices bookworms, Die-hard-WilkieCollins fans and anyone else who has read it!!!
    isnt it based on mr whites wife?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    isnt it based on mr whites wife?

hahaha.....ummm..NO...I bet you think you're funny huhh?........get a life

ReputationRep:

Never heard of it. But what's it about?

ReputationRep:
    hahaha.....ummm..NO...I bet you think you're funny huhh?........get a life
    no it is a question you stupid annonymous cow.

ReputationRep:
    no it is a question you stupid annonymous cow.

Well dont ask stupid questions, cuz I wont waste my time answering it. If you wanted to know what it was about, you could have just asked.
    Anyway, for those who want to know what its about:

The novel is dominated by two of the finest creations in all victorian fiction- Marian Halcome who is dark, mannish, yet irresistebly fascinating and Count Fosco- the sinister and flamboyant 'Napoleon of Crime'.
    The book is sort of detectivy although it maintaince its foundation which is centred about the story of two sisters who go through many things together, whose lives have been made a hell by the greed of two men. Miss Halcome is the herione of the book as she dedicates her live to the welfare and happiness of her younger half sister.
    On the way they meet a young man who comes to be of some service at some point in the book later falling in love with Laura (the younger sister of the two women).
    Together they fight the system, the baddies and overcome many low points of life. Count Fosco is absolutely brilliant crime master and a very mysterious creature.

I do this book no justice at all but I have tried my best to summarise it in 1 min.
    Its unfortunately not very high in the Big Read list but what do they know! Its an absolute must read for young and old because it has mystery, comedy and the victorian english is so clear and proper! which means its very good for your ears.

ReputationRep:
    Well dont ask stupid questions, cuz I wont waste my time answering it. If you wanted to know what it was about, you could have just asked.
    Anyway, for those who want to know what its about:

The novel is dominated by two of the finest creations in all victorian fiction- Marian Halcome who is dark, mannish, yet irresistebly fascinating and Count Fosco- the sinister and flamboyant 'Napoleon of Crime'.
    The book is sort of detectivy although it maintaince its foundation which is centred about the story of two sisters who go through many things together, whose lives have been made a hell by the greed of two men. Miss Halcome is the herione of the book as she dedicates her live to the welfare and happiness of her younger half sister.
    On the way they meet a young man who comes to be of some service at some point in the book later falling in love with Laura (the younger sister of the two women).
    Together they fight the system, the baddies and overcome many low points of life. Count Fosco is absolutely brilliant crime master and a very mysterious creature.

I do this book no justice at all but I have tried my best to summarise it in 1 min.
    Its unfortunately not very high in the Big Read list but what do they know! Its an absolute must read for young and old because it has mystery, comedy and the victorian english is so clear and proper! which means its very good for your ears.
    sorry

ReputationRep:
    sorry

no need for apoligies..........

ReputationRep:
    no need for apoligies..........
    there is

ReputationRep:
    there is

well i must say i didnt act gentlemanlike so I insist, I can not accept that apoligy as we were both acting improper.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.