The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Edit: I'm not in the mood to hear people saying things like "At least you have a dad". He has never been a real dad and has caused so much pain to the family. So in this situation, I would rather be without one.
in the exact same situation as you , cant wait for the man to keel over and die
Reply 3
No it's worrying.
Reply 4
Elaborate?
It's not normal, no.
But he doesn't sound very nice.
Reply 6
Yes perfectly normal, dont worry you'll be fine.
Reply 7
I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same about my dad.
Luckily i dont live with him anymore though and i never see him.
Just tough it out and hopefully things will sort out, one way or another. Loads of people will be like "Oh at least you have a dad" but in some cases it would be better if he was never in your life. I know thats how i feel.
Reply 8
He must be a really bad person.
I'd love to swap your dad's life for my little sister's and have her back with me now. Then we'd both get what we wanted OP. If only.
Yes, ofcourse it's normal everyone wants there dad to die.... -_-
i can empathise. i detested my dad and ever since he died my family has been safer and much happier.
Reply 12
Not normal I would say, though I know how you feel.
Reply 13
How could you possibly think that's normal?
It is actually normal, though I think it was more like 11 year olds who had these thoughts. (That wasn't a shot at you, OP)
I wouldn't really want my Dad to die to be honest. Sure, he used to spend all our money on gambling down the pub, was never really there for us, was jealous of us and this meant that we weren't allowed some things like music lessons, because it would mean being better than him, but I wouldn't want him dead.

What I'd really like is the divorce case to go through, us to get a bit of money to help pay off the debts that my Mum's rolled up ensuring that the 3 of us are all happy and living comfortably, and to not hear from him again.

The 10 years since we moved away from him, he's sent us each a couple of birthday and Christmas cards and visited what, twice? The first time he even brought his new girlfriend with him, whether to show her off, make my Mum jealous or whatever; it certainly didn't feel like he was there to see us though. When offered dinner the second time, he went out to the pub instead and didn't come back for hours, just like it used to be when we lived with him.

The fact that he had a rather worrying interest in people of a particular age seems only a side note, but possible illegal activity he conducted just makes me feel sick.

Either way, we both turned out alright, and seem much better off without him. That said, I wouldn't really want him dead, much like I wouldn't wish anyone else such a peril, but out of my life? Sure.
:frown: This is such a sad thread! I love my dad, and the thought of him dying makes me feel physically sick.
Reply 17
Sam_Kay
I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same about my dad.
Luckily i dont live with him anymore though and i never see him.
Just tough it out and hopefully things will sort out, one way or another. Loads of people will be like "Oh at least you have a dad" but in some cases it would be better if he was never in your life. I know thats how i feel.

:hugs:

I understand you OP. I think you are just hurting, I used to feel this way about my dad. Until i realised wishing death upon someone is awful and by doing things like this i would only stoop to his level. it isnt normal but you cant help the way you feel. :hugs: Hope your life becomes easier soon.
Obviously it's not 'normal' to want him to die. It's not 'normal' for want anyone to die. The pertinent question here is if it's understandable.
With out him you wouldn't be here.

Latest

Trending

Trending