The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Take a look at this link. Click on which science you want. After that, scroll down until you see a table and that's the grade boundaries. http://www.rewardinglearning.com/development/qualifications/gcse/cer.html#anchor14
Reply 2
For foundation about 60% and higher aronud 45%...I think, its usually aronud that.
Reply 3
thanks guys!
Reply 4
Wow - I am doin higher for most (apart from Maths which I am doin intermediate so would appreciate the grade boundaries for a C in that too???). I NEEEEEED minimum Cs so I wanted to know if that applies to GCSEs too? Also, I would b grateful if peeps know the grade boundaries in % rather than scores as I have not got all the marks totals available.

Cheers :smile:
Reply 5
scottalota
Wow - I am doin higher for most (apart from Maths which I am doin intermediate so would appreciate the grade boundaries for a C in that too???). I NEEEEEED minimum Cs so I wanted to know if that applies to GCSEs too? Also, I would b grateful if peeps know the grade boundaries in % rather than scores as I have not got all the marks totals available.

AQA Maths - http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-3301-WRE-Jun04.pdf
Edexcel Maths - http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/50013/GCSE_Maths_1387_Examiners_report_Jun03.pdf

Scroll down until you see a table. That is the grade boundaries.
Reply 6
does anyone know grade boundaries for history OCR? I couldnt find anything for it.
Reply 7
For my mock (last years paper) i think it was 54% for a C then 63% for a B. Not too bad but remember it varies. Good Luck with exam.
scottalota

hey just remember if u dont get ur maths exam this time u can always re-sit the exam and pass it in november :smile: xoxo
IZZY!
does anyone know grade boundaries for history OCR? I couldnt find anything for it.

yeah last year 78% was an A* and i think u just take away 10 % every grade
Reply 10
llanberismecca
yeah last year 78% was an A* and i think u just take away 10 % every grade

Are you sure 78% was an A*? i swear i remember A* being something like 85%. I my mock in march and that was last years ones, and i remember being a few % of an A* and i got 81% or something, a bit rusty with the old memory but....hmmm
absolutely positive i got an A* on that paper with 82% which topics are u doin?
Reply 12
llanberismecca
absolutely positive i got an A* on that paper with 82% which topics are u doin?

Ahh i keep forgetting that they have different %s for different exam boards, i did an OCR history specification B and A* was something like 85%. It included, cold war, nazi germany, weimar Germany, WW1, votes for women and liberal reforms. I assume you werent doing OCR for mock :smile:
im talkin bout ocr specification B. im doin WW2 and russia and the usa in the 20s and the cold war
Reply 14
Markus505
Ahh i keep forgetting that they have different %s for different exam boards, i did an OCR history specification B and A* was something like 85%. It included, cold war, nazi germany, weimar Germany, WW1, votes for women and liberal reforms. I assume you werent doing OCR for mock :smile:

I am also doing the same stuff. In my mocks i got 80% and apparently it wasnt an A*.i was angry.lol.i thought my teacher was mad, cuz he said that A* was 90%.I think getting 78-80% on the exam will be enough for an A*, since coursework also counts
Reply 15
True True, im aiming for an A realistically, i was 4 marks off an A in coursework 4 MARKS!!! The only thing i really need to revise for is cold war, can remember almost nothing from it, big topic as well. well wish me luck. :biggrin:
i hate russia!! it is so big and complicated and the source questions are impossible because you have to inffer loads
Reply 17
llanberismecca
i hate russia!! it is so big and complicated and the source questions are impossible because you have to inffer loads

I know i know, and not only do you have russia but you have czechoslovakia, hungary etc etc, all these topics that branch off from the USSR. I hope the russians are proud of themselves for creating history worth doing long hard exam questions on :mad:
Reply 18
lucky me, i dont have to do russia, because we ve done it for coursework. However we werent taught anything for cold war and usa, because our history teacher retired in the end of february. So I will have to concentrate more on the germany, because it is out core topic; league of nations, treaty of versailles and stuff about england.
man u thank ur lucky stars u dont have to cope with about 30 pages of russian notes to learn!! it is infact impossible and i am doomed

Latest