Turn on thread page Beta

dentistry interviews watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ne 1 got interviews for dentistry at manchester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamz)

Am still waiting for their letter .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamz)
    I havnt heard nefin either, would really like to go there also cause it'l be the easiest uni out of all my choices to get to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthybaby)
    I havnt heard nefin either, would really like to go there also cause it'l be the easiest uni out of all my choices to get to!
    woops just re read my last msg there, sorry that it sounded really big headed of me, didnt mean it the way it came out!what i mean is it'l be the easiest uni to travel to from where i live!!

ReputationRep:
    what does a uni mean when it says "on hold" before int. man did with me. also any1 rejected by kings? got intv QMW or man?

ReputationRep:
    ive gt an interview 4 dentistry at manchesta dis week. if ne1 has already had 1 can u pleeeeeeeeeease tell me wut sort of questions dey ask..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saba18)
    ive gt an interview 4 dentistry at manchesta dis week. if ne1 has already had 1 can u pleeeeeeeeeease tell me wut sort of questions dey ask..
    hey congrats on ur interview. Had mine in november and this is what they asked:

btw they were very nice people, so dont get too nervous

*Why manchester?
    *Are you comfortable with the idea of PBL?
    *What do you remember from your work experience and what did you learn?
    *You are a member of the wilsons debating society, if i was to setup a motion that "Dentistry is costly and is not needed" could you argue you against it and persuade me that it is as important as any health-care related job (killer question for moi).
    *Asked some questions on manual dexterity

i think thats it, overall it wasnt too bad..
    gud luck

oh and check the ucas website the next day, cuz they give offers within 24 hours..ur first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I got asked to give examples of situations where i'd worked in a team, and what role i'd had in achieving the goal. Also, they asked me for examples when I had worked with the elderly. Thats all that comes to mind atm, aside from the usual personal statment questions, why manchester, and something about my view on pbl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    I got asked to give examples of situations where i'd worked in a team, and what role i'd had in achieving the goal. Also, they asked me for examples when I had worked with the elderly. Thats all that comes to mind atm, aside from the usual personal statment questions, why manchester, and something about my view on pbl.
    first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtra786)
    first choice?
    Nope, 4th!

ReputationRep:
    What's ur 1st?

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saba18)
    Hey. I had an interview at manchester on the 16th dec.

there were two interviewers. man n a woman
    The man started of the questions with

*what got you intrested in dentistry?
    *how can infection/disease be spread in a clinic? 3 ways (dentist to patient/ patient to patient/patient to dentist)
    *what do dentist themselves do to prevent getting anything? - hep b jab, gloves, sterilising.
    *as hep b is transfered by blood exchange, how can a dentist come into contact with the disease? - needles or sharp instruments cauing cuts in gloves.
    *work experience questions.
    * I talked about my work with beavers at some point when they asked about team work and leadership.

Then the lady started

* what did I know about teaching at manchester. ( I was very lucky cos the students who showed us around told us about PBL just before the interview)
    *If I was leading a group working on a research projectand some people were not pulling their weight how would I deal? (I said I would explain the situation to them calmly - then she said 'if that doesnt work - had to make some bs on the spot)

* she then went off on a tangent about how graphics seems to be very important to me and if I wanted to do it in the future... I dont think she was fully aware I was there for a dentistry interview!? she look at my AS graphics project for manual dexterity then.

* what do I do in my past time?

a lot of people got asked about fluoridation of water on the same day too.

Whatever I did say seemed to impress them got I got an offer of ABB (A in Biology) and A in AS level Chemistry.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siren)

*how can infection/disease be spread in a clinic? 3 ways (dentist to patient/ patient to patient/patient to dentist)
    *what do dentist themselves do to prevent getting anything? - hep b jab, gloves, sterilising.
    *as hep b is transfered by blood exchange, how can a dentist come into contact with the disease? - needles or sharp instruments cauing cuts in gloves.

a lot of people got asked about fluoridation of water on the same day too.
    I got the same questions about infection spread, and about flouridation.

ReputationRep:
    what can they ask about fluoridation of water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -c-)
    how it benefits?

i got a question similar to that of what BiteWing was asked.... flouride/water/ crops up a lot

i was asked to comment on graphs and how i would predict what would happen in the near future etc etc

ReputationRep:
    thanks!!

i think i'd much rather they ask me about how diseases can be spread rather than fluoridation of water...

ReputationRep:
    Omg the questions for the UK are the same as in Aust
    Which Uni in the UK has had PBL the longest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -c-)
    The benifits of flouridation, the arguements for and against flurodation of water (mass medication of the population etc.), where in the UK the water is flouridated.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.