Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10 and I was wondering if it is compulsory to do swimming. Our teacher makes us do it but we all hate it, so is it compulsory for every school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I'm in year 10 and I was wondering if it is compulsory to do swimming. Our teacher makes us do it but we all hate it in school so is it compulsory for every school?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    no
    Does that mean we can revolt ?

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean we can revolt ?
    Is it a state school?

ReputationRep:
    Is it a state school?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Yep
    then probably.

ReputationRep:
    then probably.
    Oh yes! Great! My P.E teacher is so stubborn though, she'll probaly get the head..argh!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! Great! My P.E teacher is so stubborn though, she'll probaly get the head..argh!
    Claim to be on your period. Constantly.

ReputationRep:
    or just get a detention for missing it everyweek, usually worth it, i manage to catch up with work in dententions!

ReputationRep:
    If you had a male teacher, you could just say you have "women's problems" and he would probably avoid you for ever more.

ReputationRep:
    there's only a certain amount of detention that can be given to you, and you can always save more time, and certainly time in srategically optimal places (i.e. last half of friday) than you can get detention time. Detention is well worth it, cause if it's really incovenient, you can miss that too. And miss it too much and what do you get? a punishment? hell NO! you get suspended! What a reward. School punishment can't get the better of you, and so long as you do pretty well anyway, they aren't bothered enough to expel you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10 and I was wondering if it is compulsory to do swimming. Our teacher makes us do it but we all hate it, so is it compulsory for every school?
    SWIMMING ! (in my day)we didnt get anything that flash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Claim to be on your period. Constantly.
    I have tried that, and so did the whole class. We were all " on our period at the same time " but she knows that we can't be on forever...!!!

If it isn't compulsory, by whoever makes the rules (government?) then we can revolt!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    SWIMMING ! (in my day)we didnt get anything that flash
    Believe me, state school swimming ain't no luxery.

students: Why does the water look so yellow?

teacher: Just shut up and get the damn pool.

ReputationRep:
    if you all revolt you mite b abel to get out of it, we don swim anymore cos our pool broke n no1 wants to pay for a new one...so no swimming. if you really must, ask your mum to write a letter saying you can't swim...fake an injusry or summin

ReputationRep:

at my school its compulsory to do swimming but loads of people wriggle out of it with excuses so that only like 4 people end up swimming so get to just muck around and when there's enough we play water polo or something fun.

ReputationRep:
    I have tried that, and so did the whole class. We were all " on our period at the same time " but she knows that we can't be on forever...!!!

If it isn't compulsory, by whoever makes the rules (government?) then we can revolt!!!!!
    Hmm- could you claim to have been "spotting"? I know that might gross her (and everyone else) out a bit but the thing is she cant actually prove that you arent, and I think some younger teenage girls do have the bleeding between periods problem until their cycles settle down. If all else fails, you could have long, frequent periods which would minimise the amount of times you have to go swimming (ie one every 21 rather than 35 days, lasting 8 rather than 4 days- these are all within the bounds of normality so make the most of em!)
    Failing that, theres always the truancy option!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Hmm- could you claim to have been "spotting"? I know that might gross her (and everyone else) out a bit but the thing is she cant actually prove that you arent, and I think some younger teenage girls do have the bleeding between periods problem until their cycles settle down. If all else fails, you could have long, frequent periods which would minimise the amount of times you have to go swimming (ie one every 21 rather than 35 days, lasting 8 rather than 4 days- these are all within the bounds of normality so make the most of em!)
    Failing that, theres always the truancy option!
    Lol, you seem very well up on the subject. But she will just make us stay in every lunch with the head of P.E. That's why I need some proof that it is not compulsory.

ReputationRep:
    swimmings only compulsary in year 5 isn't it??
    i don't know anyone that does swimming in year 10

i'm in yr 11 and we go ice skating 4 pe. sum ppl dont like it and get away wiv lame exuses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    swimmings only compulsary in year 5 isn't it??
    i don't know anyone that does swimming in year 10

i'm in yr 11 and we go ice skating 4 pe. sum ppl dont like it and get away wiv lame exuses
    Ice skating???? If only...

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.