Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hia I would like to know are SATS results important later in life or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toad Fish)
    Nope, but they are good practise for later exams.

ReputationRep:

Yes, indeed. Order of importance: SATS>>>>>>>>>GCSE>ALEVEL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    okay i don't see the point in them then what is the point? everyone keeps saying i must do well in dem.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they determine whether or not you'll be able to get a job in later life. In fact they're so important that Universities now make offers based on SAT results (well Thames Valley does anyway).

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how tha mark score works in them anyway. I havent got a clue! It is really confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    but i don't fell too scarred by not having done them...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    why can't they just make it a,b,c,d,e,f etc like gcse it is much clearer!

ReputationRep:
    okay i don't see the point in them then what is the point? everyone keeps saying i must do well in dem.
    For the gonvernment really. I did mine and I got my results and they meant nothing. Never heard anything since.
    Do your best though, it is worth it when you get satisfying marks.

Speaking of SATs, I heard the American SAT for Physics was multiple choice O_o.

ReputationRep:
    sats arent rely dat important, der jus lyk a guide to see how well youre doin in school and stuf...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    Speaking of SATs, I heard the American SAT for Physics was multiple choice O_o.
    the american ones are equal to gcse though aren't they? they are totally different. i think they have alot of multiple choice exams over there they are lucky they get it easy

ReputationRep:
    More then anything they're to assess the teaching standards in schools. I remember how our school made a really big deal about them even saying that they would affect what a-levels we would be able to do- a complete lie. If you really wanna do something useful start your own revolution against the regime.

Although saying that its never too early to learn some good revision techniques.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spinkle)
    sats arent rely dat important, der jus lyk a guide to see how well youre doin in school and stuf...
    okay thnks. the stupid thing is though teachers keep sayng theyre really important and saying we mus do really well and some people say that their parents are puttin loads of pressure on them and buying them revision guides to do every nite and stuff! oh my god! luckily i dont have to though

ReputationRep:
    SATs are just a jargon acronym for a homogenised version of the internal exams that schools have been setting as practices for hundreds of years.... nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    no, infact most teachers reckon they get in the way of their teaching....they dont really indictae what you gonna for GCSE, theyre just to make the school look good(If you do well) and i suppsoe they give you an idea what you should be aiming for in GCSE but they really arnt that important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonster)
    no, infact most teachers reckon they get in the way of their teaching....they dont really indictae what you gonna for GCSE, theyre just to make the school look good(If you do well) and i suppsoe they give you an idea what you should be aiming for in GCSE but they really arnt that important.
    For my year 6 SATS i got 4 4 4, - AVERAGE for my year 9 SATS i got 6 7 - maths 8 - science. They really do mean naff all.

ReputationRep:
    No as everyone says, they help you practise revision and are a nice step into GCSE work in yr 10, but don't go worrying over them. My little sister sat her yr9 SATs whilst I sat my GCSEs & my big sister sat her A-Levels, the youngest was the worst for worrying!

They can become slightly important if your school uses them to decide who goes in what set. After the SATs results came out, they shifted our maths and English classes around ready for yr10. But again, don't worry about them!

At the time they were very important to me, but only because my big sister and I are very competitive! I beat her, ha!

ReputationRep:
    SATs for you= useless (in terms of grade)
    SATs for school= good... they are used in league tables.

It's good pratice, but it doesnt really matter.

ReputationRep:
    SAT's in year 9, i get cos they are preparing u for GCSE

But why do u have to do them in Year 6. It makes no sence.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.