I have confirmed UCAS offers, can i still apply for another course? Watch

This discussion is closed.
awesome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I need some help urgently. I have applied and had interviews and offers for all my uni's i have accepted bath as my firm and bristol as my insurance. I want to apply for cardiff. I have realised i want to go their but can i still get in to cardiff i want to study chemistry if i get the grades will they give me a placement if i get in contact with them. How do i go about doing this.
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Reapply next year and pay the hike in fees. Unless Cardiff are VERY nice. Which they probably wont be.
shouldnt this be in another subforum?
awesome
Rep:
?
hmm. i dont want to apply next year
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you miss your offers and Cardiff are in Clearing then you can apply then.

If you get your offers and Cardiff are in Clearing you can beg to be released into Clearing, but the unis are under no obligation to release you, and they might do so too late so Cardiff places have been filled.

You could reject all of your offers and apply through Extra. However, as it is getting late you risk not getting any offers and then having to through Clearing, where there may or may not be places you want to go.

You can drop out of UCAS altogether and reapply for next year.

You can go to Bath and see if you can transfer into Cardiff for the 2nd year
Connery
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Cardiff are good with late entries, although thaey might not have space for you course. The problem is with the university that you have put as Firm choice already i think. Junos post said it all very well really :cool: .
awesome
Rep:
?
I want to go to cardiff i only live an hour away and its a good uni also i know a lot of people their and i think i will enjoy the uni experience more and bath is very good but i just have a real gut feeling that i want to go to cardiff if i want to do well and enjoy uni to the fullest.
awesome
Rep:
?
on the last day of school i the whole of upper sixth was out together and the next day i realised how much im leaving behind.
dazednconfused
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by awesome)
on the last day of school i the whole of upper sixth was out together and the next day i realised how much im leaving behind.
If it's only to be with people from home, please don't let your cold feet now make you change your mind. Before I went to uni (3 hours from home) I got incredibly cold feet and was so sad at what I was leaving behind. A year on and I've realised it was the best decision I ever made - all that stuff is still there when I go home in the holidays, but I've become more independent, made even more amazing friends of my own here, and I couldn't be happier. You won't lose what you have now by going away to uni, I promise.
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by awesome)
I need some help urgently. I have applied and had interviews and offers for all my uni's i have accepted bath as my firm and bristol as my insurance. I want to apply for cardiff. I have realised i want to go their but can i still get in to cardiff i want to study chemistry if i get the grades will they give me a placement if i get in contact with them. How do i go about doing this.
You only have ten days after accepting to change your mind and opt to decline the offers you previously accepted. But if the ten days have passed and you've firmly accepted there is no way you can reapply unless your university agrees to release you, which is unlikely but still worth trying.

I think Cardiff is one of those universities who accept applications for all courses except medicine et al during UCASextra.

If you're positive Cardiff is the place you want to be, you should go ahead and take a gap year and reapply. Good luck!
SamJL
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dazednconfused)
If it's only to be with people from home, please don't let your cold feet now make you change your mind. Before I went to uni (3 hours from home) I got incredibly cold feet and was so sad at what I was leaving behind. A year on and I've realised it was the best decision I ever made - all that stuff is still there when I go home in the holidays, but I've become more independent, made even more amazing friends of my own here, and I couldn't be happier. You won't lose what you have now by going away to uni, I promise.
I agree, please don't let the fact that your leaving behind people affect you, in 2/3yrs time you won't remember half of the people you went to 6th form with, believe me! You'll stay in contact with good friends, the others you will certianly forget about- I left 6th form in 1998 and am only really in contact with very good friends from there, the others I barely even hear about.

Thats the way it is with friendships, the good ones last a lifetime, regardless of where you move to.

Oh and I think you'd be a little foolish to reject Bath on the chance you might get into Cardiff, Bath is a good uni and a fab city.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think you can change another course, just ask the admissions tutor nicely, and they might do that. The offers on UCAS track will change obviously. It's risky to change, and if you don't get an offer for chemistry, you won't get into Cardiff.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.82%
No (661)
60.7%
Not really bothered about them (223)
20.48%

Watched Threads