Turn on thread page Beta

Do you belive humans are significantly affecting global warming? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we are to blame for rising temperatures in any significant quantity. What do you think and why?

ReputationRep:
    yeh cors we're to blame.

we jus fiddle and we fiddle and we mess things up and then we cant styop messin things up and then we end up wrecking things for the entire universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)
    I don't think we are to blame for rising temperatures in any significant quantity. What do you think and why?
    Conisddering that the solar activity is at an all time peak now, I think it would be quite a hasty conclusion to assume that the temperature increase over the last years is due to industrial polution...

Furthermore, didnt people in the 80s beleive that the industry released so much dust into the athmosfere that it would cause global cooling?

I think a greater problem is the amount of toxins released from car exhaust and different industrial plants...

I really don't care. Why does it matter? In fact, I think I'd like to see some climate change. It'd be interesting. The Earth is pretty boring at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    I really don't care. Why does it matter? In fact, I think I'd like to see some climate change. It'd be interesting. The Earth is pretty boring at the moment.
    well, increase the average temperature of the oceans with 4 degrees celsius and watch what happens... water change its density when temperature change you know...

ReputationRep:
    Harry, i assure you, that when i, as GOD, make the earth start taking a slightly shorter route around the sun, your house will be the first to be swept away by a huge rushing torent of water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklLZz)
    yeh cors we're to blame.

we jus fiddle and we fiddle and we mess things up and then we cant styop messin things up and then we end up wrecking things for the entire universe.
    Some humans seem to think we humans have such an impact on everything... but we don't, our impact is limited (largely) at the moment to organic stuff on this planet. We can wipe out animals and burn and pilage and destroy, but it's quite reassuring to see a daytime photo of the earth from above. You can't even tell we're here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)
    Some humans seem to think we humans have such an impact on everything... but we don't, our impact is limited (largely) at the moment to organic stuff on this planet. We can wipe out animals and burn and pilage and destroy, but it's quite reassuring to see a daytime photo of the earth from above. You can't even tell we're here.
    On second thought, we do posess enough nuclear weapons to extinguish all life on the surface of this tiny globe...

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear you are GOD. Be afraid of his wrath.
    Actually don't for he is lying.

Spc_K, if you was really GOD, you wouldn't question anyone or ask for other people's views on global warming, as they will be inferior to your estute knowledge.

You are not God, by saying you are you are opening yourself up to legal action being taken by all denominations of Christianity.

I know what you are though, you are an idiot.

Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    The Earth has been through many climate changes , eg ice ages. Maybe global warming is simply a natural change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)
    you never no it has said the sun will get bigger.All stars get bigger and the sun is a star and with the sun getting bigger well it means it will be hotter.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, another one.
    You mis interpreted me, by "when, I as God" i meant both when I am God, and when I shall do this. I'm only nineteen! You don't just get born God or the Son of God, it's not like this is some kind of Christianity! You gotta work up to it, scratch backs and gain promotion. Then when one finally becomes the omnium of knowledge, and only then, one can make the earth veer towards the sun, and, through intense mathmatics, make sure that Harrrys house is first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)

No there is no evidence to suggest humans are causing any so-called global warming. It is a myth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    On second thought, we do posess enough nuclear weapons to extinguish all life on the surface of this tiny globe...
    Yeah but when it comes to nuclear weapons, it is the smoking gun analogy: no-one is willing to fire because in the end everybody dies and nobody wins and it's no draw either...everybody loses.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, i wanted fanatics arguing that Global warming is 100% down to humans... fanatics to add to my "little book" for when the time comes... fanaticst to strike down with wrath! oh please fear my wrath!
    But almost everone here seems to actually have a logical mind... where's the green party when you need it?

ReputationRep:
    Aparently large fluctuations in atmospheric temperature occured before human beings even inhabited the planet. Thus indicating that it is a natural phenomena. However, perhaps humans may exacerbate the phenomena in the future if CO2 emmisions etc are not moderately regulated.

ReputationRep:
    hey king of swords - id be willing to fire, it leaves quite a nice legacy doesnt it and neway those who fire have their nuclear shelters ready it us poor suckers that are screwed. Neway the sun will die one day and so will we all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    hey king of swords - id be willing to fire, it leaves quite a nice legacy doesnt it and neway those who fire have their nuclear shelters ready it us poor suckers that are screwed. Neway the sun will die one day and so will we all.

It's going to happen in 2006! I'll be alright though i've got a nuclear shelter on order from amazon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Well the sun is about half way through its life and the galaxy andromeda is supposed to be coming straight for this one (yes i know the universe is expanding...that doesn't mean there can't be collisions between galaxies)...as for the idea of nuking the whole place...we'd die from radiation and/or starvation if we actually survived the blast anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Neway the sun will die one day and so will we all.
    I think we will all be dead way before that (Life expectancy of the sun 5 billion years - Life expectancy of a human : about 80 years...) I sugest we redesign the earth acourding to my sugestion below. That would solve all the problems as the constant shadow inside the tube would make certain the polar ice caps do not melt...

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.