Parents or partners

If your child or partner is going into higher education, they may be eligible to apply for student finance to help cover their costs. Financial help is available in the form of non-repayable grants and bursaries. There are also loans for tuition fees and living costs (Tuition Fee Loans) which are repayable but not until your child or partner has left university and their income is over a set amount.

If your child or partner is applying for student finance that depends on household income, such as the Maintenance Grant or Maintenance Loan, you’ll have to provide financial information to support their application. You should have this financial information to hand when you complete the online application, along with your National Insurance number.