Parents and partners - evidence

You usually don't need to send Student Finance England evidence of your household income as they check your details with HMRC. They may contact you to ask for evidence of your:

  • marital status – if you’re separated or divorced
  • income – if you're living abroad or finalising your current year income assessment
  • private pension – if you have one
  • additional voluntary contributions – if you’ve made any

Don’t worry if this happens – it’s part of our checks to make sure your child or partner gets the correct amount of funding they’re entitled to.

You can upload a digital copy of your evidence through your online account. If you upload evidence, such as a P60, when we’ve not requested it, this will cause delays to the student getting their money. If you’ve already uploaded a P60 instead of doing this, you should now provide your financial details online or complete a PFF2 form

It takes 6 to 8 weeks to process applications, so it’s important that you submit any evidence we need as soon as possible. This will help to make sure your child or partner gets the right amount of money in time for the start of their course.

What happens next
Once your part is complete, it can take six to eight weeks to process applications.

Your child or partner will be able to track the progress of their application by logging into their online account and use the new status tracker.