Vaccinations RequiredThere are a number of vaccinations required by medical schools, some want you to have them done before you get there where others are happy to sort them for you. The specific requirements for each school may vary so it is wise to check with each you apply to.
Hepatitis B Vaccine
- This is a vaccine that requires at least 3 doses and a blood test to check it's worked.
- Short course vaccination schedules are available, reducing the time between doses but the longer schedule can take up to 9 months.
- You may be charged for this vaccination – this is largely down to your individual GP/health centre policies. The charge will also vary depending on the place you get them done.
You may also be required (dependent on the individual schools) to be vaccinated against:
- Measles, mumps, rubella
- Diphtheria, tetanus, polio
- Haemophilus influenzae type b
Medical School Immunisation LinksAberdeen Barts and The London – pg47 Birmingham BSMS Bristol Cambridge Cardiff Dundee Durham East Anglia Edinburgh Glasgow Hull York Imperial Keele King's Leeds Leicester – pg15 Liverpool Manchester Newcastle Nottingham Oxford Peninsula Queen's Belfast – pg 59 Sheffield Southampton St Andrews St Georges Swansea UCL – pg32-34 Warwick