Why Choose Plymouth University?
Plymouth University is a modern, campus university ideally placed right in the centre of Plymouth - Britain’s Ocean City. Situated in the South West, close to the beaches of Devon and Cornwall and Dartmoor National Park, this is an exciting place to live and study with a wide range of outstanding courses and a welcoming and supportive environment. There are lots of great reasons to study with us:
- We’re rated one of the top UK universities for teaching quality, with one of the highest overall numbers of National Teaching Fellowships including two more awarded in 2017
- Plymouth University is ranked in the top 25 of UK Universities for teaching quality1
- Two thirds of our research was ranked either World-Leading or Internationally Excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework
- Over 4,500 Plymouth University students benefit from placements and work-based learning every year
- Plymouth was the first university in the world to receive the Social Enterprise Mark in Higher Education, the sole independent accreditation for organisations that put people and planet alongside profit.
- Rated as one of the top 30 universities in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards.
1 As defined by the 2017 Guardian University Guide ‘Satisfied with Teaching’ metric (89.9% satisfied), based on the 2015 National Student Survey data.
The university is small and interactive but it takes planning for finding accommodation
Find your perfect uni course at Plymouth University
Stats about Plymouth University
216 members connected
Last post 1 hour ago by 10579595
Last post 1 hour ago by 10579595
Last post 1 day ago by gjd800
Last post 1 day ago by st1ck5
Last post 2 days ago by H20rikki
Last post 2 days ago by Daniortall
Last post 3 days ago by tefzors
Last post 3 days ago by Tayyab_I
Last post 1 week ago by soph.browne
Last post 1 week ago by 10579595
Teaching Excellence Framework Award (TEF)
Here at Plymouth University, we have been awarded the Bronze certification for delivering teaching, learning and outcomes for our students that meet rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education.
We have courses in the following interest areas:
There is a vibrant, buzzing student community here at Plymouth University helped by the fact that our University-managed accommodation is on, or within short walking distance of the campus, so, everything you need to have a happy, healthy and productive time as a student is within close proximity:
- On campus, you will find a 24-hour library, the lively Students’ Union and a large selection of cafes serving everything from delicious fresh salads to deep pan pizzas
- There are new, and state-of-the art facilities including a performing arts centre The House and our landmark Marine Station which houses wet labs and a fleet of boats for research and field work
- Drakes Circus shopping mall and the main city centre is opposite the campus, with plenty of great cafes, bars and restaurants to choose from
- The city’s main attractions including the Barbican harbour and the Hoe seafront are a short walk away
- For fitness and wellbeing, there is a campus gym, a wellbeing centre and a host of support services from employability to counselling
- Entertainment options are plentiful, with a museum, art galleries, theatres, cinemas, restaurants, bars and clubs. The nationally acclaimed Theatre Royal showcases some of the UK’s biggest and best productions throughout the year, whilst Plymouth Pavilions Arena has leisure and entertainment under one roof with its packed event diary of live gigs and shows, ice rink and fun pool. The City Museum and Art Gallery, Plymouth Arts Centre and the Peninsula Arts venues hold regular exhibitions and events
- The National Marine Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the UK.
Here at Plymouth University, we want to make your transition to university life as easy and enjoyable as possible:
- We guarantee accommodation in halls for new full-time undergraduate students during their first year of study, subject to certain conditions. For more information, visit our website
- Over 700 university-approved shared houses and flats are also available to students. These properties are regularly visited by staff and meet the university's standards for safety and suitability. Contact us to find out more
- Weekly rents in halls of residence and approved student housing ranged from £97 to £165 per week in the 2016–17 academic year
- All student accommodation is within a 20-minute walk from the campus and city centre.
We actively encourage students to engage on a lifelong employability journey that will see you:
- Explore your options
- Plan your career journey
- Expand your employability skills
- Challenge yourself to succeed
- Develop into a confident professional
The Careers & Employability Service offers free and impartial one-to-one careers information, advice and guidance throughout the year. All of our advisers are professionally qualified and experienced.
The best way to find out what’s on offer at Plymouth University is to visit us. Come along to one of our University open days and bring your friends and family to look around with you. We’ll show you around the campus and give you an insight into student life here.
Open Day Dates:
- Saturday 29 April 2017
- Wednesday 28 June 2017
- Saturday 14 October 2017
- Saturday 11 November 2017.
Book your place and view our online open day videos by visiting www.plymouth.ac.uk/opendays
Having a campus situated in the heart of the city allows fast and convenient access to all transport links both local and national:
- The rail station is just a five-minute walk from the campus, with services to London, south Wales, the Midlands, the north of England and Scotland
- There are regular coach services from most major cities to Plymouth, which is easily reached from the M5 motorway and the A38 Expressway via Exeter. It is about a three-and-a-half-hour journey from London to Plymouth
- For bus service information in the city visit the Traveline website or view the Council’s public transport webpages
- Drive time from London is around three and a half hours
- The closest airports are at Exeter and Newquay
- There are Park and Ride sites at Coypool, near Marsh Mills roundabout, the George Junction, near Derriford and Milehouse.
Telephone: +44 (0)1752 585858
Email: [email protected]
UCAS CODE – P60
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.