Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. We are one of the top 100 of the world's universities and have been named Scottish University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
- is ranked joint 69th in the world and was the first UK university to be rated as 5 Stars Plus overall (QS World University Rankings 2019)
- is ranked joint 80th in the world by the Times Higher World University Rankings 2018
- is joint 1st in the Russell Group, 3rd in Scotland and joint 19th amongst all HEI's for student satisfaction (NSS 2017)
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 months after graduation (DLHE 2015/16)
You can talk to our students at: www.glasgow.ac.uk/askastudent
I instantly felt at home. I am very keen on theatre and the student theatre society has become a second family. The courses I take are interesting and there is so much support available. I was terrified before I started and now I secretly wish I didn't have to come home over summer!
Find your perfect uni course at University of Glasgow
Stats about University of Glasgow
528 members connected
Last post 10 hours ago by Blue Hockey
Last post 13 hours ago by ajs654321
Last post 23 hours ago by eannandidi1
Last post 1 day ago by Steph38
Last post 1 day ago by LuigiMario
Last post 1 day ago by todorokishouto
Last post 1 day ago by shb18bdy1isb
Last post 1 day ago by Mburke046
Last post 2 days ago by chrischtine
Last post 2 days ago by Ohmycosh
This is the student advisor account for the University of Glasgow. Please feel free to ask anything and everything about the University, our undergraduate and postgraduate courses, research opportunities and student life... Different advisors will share their expertise and knowledge with you and would love to hear from you soon.
Thinking about studying at the University of Glasgow? Come along to one of our Open Days to explore our campus, find out more about our degree programmes and see for yourself why we are one of the top 100 Universities in the world.
Our next undergraduate Open Days are:
Thursday 13 June 2019
Wednesday 4 September 2019
Saturday 19 October 2019
If you are unable to make an Open Day you can find out about other opportunities to visit Glasgow or meet one of our representatives at an event near you: Undergraduate Events
Student Life in Glasgow
Glasgow is one of Scotland’s great cities and boasts rich Victorian and art nouveau culture. It’s a cultural hub full of music, shopping, dance, museums, thriving nightlife, sports and theatre, and offers an iconic place for learning and teaching. The stunning campus of the University of Glasgow boasts over 100 listed buildings and its landmark neo-Gothic main building.
UofG has three main campuses:
- Gilmorehill Campus is located in the west end of Glasgow, 3 miles from the city centre. This is where you will find our grand main building and many of the University’s teaching and research facilities.
- Garscube Campus is 4 miles away from our main campus. Here you will find the School of Veterinary Medicine and 4 Research Institutes in the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences as well as our outdoor sports facilities.
- Dumfries Campus is surrounded by 85 acres of parkland and gardens in the south west of Scotland, and home to our School of Interdisciplinary Studies.
For maps, travel and where to stay check out: Visit us
Take a look at some of our Club's and Societies
The Adam Smith Economics Society is a student-run society with the aim of bringing together students from across all departments that share a common interest in Economics.
GURWES aims to provide a platform for students to explore and discuss alternative approaches to economics. We do this through hosting guest lectures, having workshops and reading groups, and providing tutorial sessions for students alongside other means. We also continue to campaign for a reform of economics curricula, both at the local level and as part of the national and international movements for pluralism.
Established in 2014 in partnership with The Marketing Society Scotland the SMS has the primary aim of providing a platform where students can gain a better insight into the world of marketing. Over the past year we have collaborated with a number of established companies throughout Scotland including Tennent’s, Material Group, and Digital Impact. Members have the opportunity to attend seminars, networking events, workshops and dinners.
The UofG Business Club is a student-run organisation which provides activities for Business School students as well as anyone else that wants to be involved. If you have books to sell or are looking for a book, post on the wall so all members can see it. If you have ideas for the development of the club please post them on our wall!
GUCS is a society aimed at teaching members the skills strategy consultants use during their engagements.