Australia student visa requirements

To study in Australia you're going to need a Higher Education Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 573). You can either apply for this online or in person and must be done no more than 124 days before your course starts. 

You're going to need to submit a 157A application form, 4 passport photos, proof of your academic record and all relevant evidence. 

To get a student Visa in Australia you need to prove you have been accepted onto a course which is registered on the CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions of Courses), to prove this you need an online code and copy of your confirmation of enrollment / offer letter. 

Find out more...

Furthermore, you'll need to prove you have enough money to financially support yourself for the year; it's recommended you show you have around A$18,000 (£9,334). However, if you're receiving full funding instead, you'll have to provide proof of this. 

There's also a chance that you may have to have a medical check up to prove good health but only if you're asked to. For this, you need to ensure you go to a doctor which has been approved by the Australian Immigration Department. You'll also need to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which is about $437 (£227). 

To get a student Visa you also need a passport which will not expire for a minimum of 6 months after your planned return date and to show you have no substantial criminal record and are not likely to engage in criminal activity whilst in Australia.