France student visa requirements

As a UK resident you do not need a visa to study in France, you will, of course, just need a passport to get there. 

You will be required to be competent at understanding and speaking French, especially if you're studying a course taught entirely in French. Knowing French well will help you with the application process, which is entirely in French, understanding classes and making friends. Most French universities, but not all, will ask that you take a recognised French proficiency test. This may be there DELF (Diplôme d'Études en Langue Française) where a B2 (Intermediate) certificate is required, or the DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) where a C2 (advanced) certificate is required.

Like in the UK, to be accepted into a French university you'll need certain academic qualifications. While each institution's requirements will differ, most will ask for around 3 A Levels and you'll need to provide proof of these qualifications. 

Unlike many other EU countries, you are not required to apply for a residency permit to live in France, while you can apply if you want it's not necessary. However, if you don't have one you are required to carry around your passport, or other photos ID, at all times.