Biochemistry and pharmacy degree personal statement example (1a) with review

I have chosen to study biochemistry or pharmacy at university because I have enjoyed studying Chemistry and biology at A-level and I am keen to proceed with them to a more advanced level. I think doing either of those in university is the most suitable option and I will enjoy the most. I am very interested in Biochemistry because I enjoy the course that lies in the variety of topics that will cover molecular cell biology and biotechnology. I am also interested in pharmacy because I find this subject very challenging and fascinating

I find that the life of boarding in Ashville College is very interesting and helped me to learn how to live independently. I am always keen to be involved in boarding activities such as basketball competition and swimming competition. In school, there are more than ten nationalities so I am used to communicating with different people and with different cultures

One of the most interesting posts I have held in school is Operation Director of the 'Young Enterprise' company. I found that it helped me to improve the skill of managing people and we learnt how to work as a team. Although the company has encountered some problems, the team worked together to solve the problem and lead the company to succeed

I found the experience a rewarding and challenging one

I have a variety of hobbies in and out of school including hockey, basketball and computing. Most of my free time is devoted to those activities. In season, I am one of the members of school's hockey 1st team, as well as the1st basketball team. As a member of those teams, my work has been appreciated and gain respects from teammates. I enjoy computing as a hobby because it helps me to broaden the knowledge of the subjects that I am taking. In the holiday, I help maintain computers at my father's friend's workplace. But because I have to prioritize work, I have had to cut down on these activities recently

Last year I took part in the Duke of Edinburgh award. It was a great adventure around the countryside and I learnt to manage timing and how to navigate. This programme enables me to build responsibility, self-reliance and confidence

I consider myself to be an outgoing person and enjoy an active life. I find pleasure in solving a problem, or understanding a new concept, and I believe this is why I find science so interesting. At present, I am putting my greatest effort to achieve the best grades in A-level and to allow me to reach the next target in my education. I enjoy the challenge which will be provided by university and I am confident that it will give me the best chance to achieve my potential.

This personal statement is not nearly academic enough and suffers from poor wording throughout. It also wastes a lot of space giving all sorts of useless information (e.g. "But because I have to prioritize work, I have had to cut down on these activities recently") and it obviously hasn't been properly proof read as it contains a number of minor errors such as missing full stops etc.