Personal Statement:Tourism management with spanish 1 - The Student Room

Tourism Management with Spanish Personal Statement

Since my childhood I was taught about importance of education, seeking for aims, meeting with people who have already sought them – they have finished universities from which got valuable experience and benefit which can be used in daily life. Now I am trying to do the same.

Althought I am young but I know exactly what I want in my future – I want that my life would be connected with tourism. And I also know that your‘s university is the place in which I could get the best knowledge and experience in the United Kingdom. Why Middlesex university? Because of several reasons.

Firstly, when I made decision concern my future with the United Kingdom, not Lithuania, I was interested in many universities which offer tourism management. Yes, I do not doubt about my specialisation, I just have had choose the best university for me and when I saw that you offer not only tourism but also Spanish, I had not no more questions, I was sure – this is the best for me! Plus, I wonder what programmes of studying you have, what job I could work after studies and information which I knew justify all my hopes and wishes. Moreover, I read other students references on the Internet and they inspired me for new beggining. I admire fact that Middlesex university is collected youngster from all the whole world. I think it is a perfect way meet new people, their cultures and lifestyle, also, perfect English skills. And it is a huge plus for tourism management students because from one side, during studying years they can know their profession better.

As too my personality, I am determined and open to new ideas. I am courage and seeking my aims. It goes without saying that the most important aim in my life for three last year is tourism management studies in the United Kingdom. In my opinion it would be more professional, valuable and experienced than in my country. Experience is one of the most important thing people who working as a guide, I think. Moreover, I am very communicative, friendly, optimistic (more or less but always optimistic), sincere and loyal person. By this way I have not problems work in team (I was very active in school – organising many shows and festivals in my class, also I was quite good writer, it was always my hobby, just in school I was writing in Lithuania) because communicate with people – pleasure for me. During my leisure time I adore learn new languages. I was learning French in Gymnasia. Also I am trying to learn Spanish independently. Knowing foreign languages is a huge plus for everyone. But especially for those who make decision their lifes connected with tourism. It means many travels, new people, new languages, new places all the time. I am prepare for this. I must say that I do not afraid hard work if it is necessary but job must inspiring me, helping realise myself as a young, vigorous, full of new ideas person. Tourism, surely, is just for me – always interesting, inspiring, vigorous, always new. It depends on new visited places, of course, and I adapt in new environment very quickly. I really do not think that it is always just a pleasure, I know that all things in life have hard sides but if you know that it is the only one thing which you want so badly, it should not create afraid or negative emotions because everything depends on your attitude. Mine is possitive.

As a rule, people working in tourism businness more or less but change their living place and must hold relationships with many differents personalities. They have to know how make impression about places which they visit, must find talks with everyone fastly. I am sure, I can do this without problems. Guide is like a bridge with their clients, I want to be that bridge connectiong different people.

By the way of conclusion, I hope this letter helps you to know me better and makes impression that I am worth studying in your‘s university. I am looking forward hearing from you soon.

• Middlesex University - Tourism Management with Spanish

General Comments

Comments on the statement