University of Cambridge: Guide & Discussion Forum
Courses: for more information on courses, click here
Colleges: for more information on colleges, click here
St Edmund's College
University: University of Cambridge
Address: St Edmund's College, Cambridge CB3 0BN
Telephone: +44 (0)1223 336250
Student Union/JCR website: no
Graduate/MCR website: no
Admittance: Mature undergraduates and postgraduates
- Total Undergraduates in 2007-8 = 132 (83 men + 49 women)
- Total Undergraduates in 2006-7 = 126 (79 men + 47 women)
- Undergraduate students admitted to their current course in Oct 07: 60 (44 men + 16 women)
- Undergraduate students admitted to their current course in Oct 06: 39 (24 men + 15 women)
St Edmunds Undergraduate Application Statistics: See: College applications and admissions statistics
St Edmunds Undergraduate Application Statistics per subject: See Appplication Statistics
See map. Almost next door to New Hall, north-west of Cambridge town centre.
- 0.64 miles from the Centre for Mathematical Studies.
- 0.9 miles from the Sidgwick site (where most of the arts departments are).
- 0.99 miles from the West Cambridge site with the Cavendish physics Laboratory and the William Gates Computer Science Laboratory.
- 1.19 miles to the Mill Lane Lecture Theatres.
- 1.29 miles to the New Museums site / the Downing site
- 1.63 miles to the Chemistry department on Lensfield Road.
- 2.33 miles to the railway station.
(all distances measures on gmaps pedometer).
Some 230 rooms available for students either on the main site or in St Edmunds owned houses.
There is a Combination Room with a bar, TV, pool table and selection of newspapers where students tend to congragate and relax.
Library and Computing
The library is on two floors. The first floor houses all the books and reference materials, the second floor provides a comfortable study space.
All college rooms have connections to the University's high speed broadband network. There are also 2 computer rooms with facilities such as printers.
St Edmund's ranking in the Tompkins Table (which ranks colleges by Tripos undergraduate exam results): 29th (2008), 28th (2007), 28th (2006), 28th (2005), 29th (2004), 29th (2003).
St Edmunds was declared the 26th sportiest Cambridge College in Michealmas 2009 by The Tab. See The Tab article: The College Cup revealed
St Edmunds offers a really diverse community with lots of international students and mature students who have persued other interests before their time at Cambridge. There's always someone in college to have an interesting conversation with! Students also have closer contact with the college fellows than at most colleges. For example at St Edmunds the fellows eat with the students rather than eating on high table.
- Chapel with organ
- Dining Hall
- Library with comforatble study area on 2nd floor (with computers and data points for laptops)
- 2 Computer Rooms
- Combination Room with TV, Bar, Pool table and newspapers
- Bene't House Music Room with Broadwood grand piano
- Piano in the college dining room.
- Fitness Room
- College Punts
Look up St Edmunds in the CUSU Alternative Prospectus
| || |