**This dynamic course gives you the skills needed for a career in the fast-moving world of 21st century fashion.**
BA (Hons) Fashion at AUB offers a unique student experience of diverse fashion practice; it recognises the uniqueness of the individual and celebrates the sublime art of making and creative risk taking. AUB responds quickly to changing demands and opportunities, we have a reputation for producing âindustry readyâ graduates. The journey from design to shop window or fashion catwalk is fascinating. Youâll discover the complexities of buying, selling and promotion â and the need to be entrepreneurial.
**What you will learn**
The global fashion industry depends on individuals who want to make a real difference through their work. Youâll be encouraged to challenge assumptions, think unpredictable thoughts, and take creative risks. Youâll learn craft skills and ways of thinking that shape your own âdesign philosophyâ as you build towards a specialism.
Through the journey of the course individuals will experience challenges and new possibilities whilst seeking unpredictable solutions to concept origination and product development. A guiding principle is to initially develop key skillsets which will underpin and inform a studentâs personal design philosophy and a chosen area of specialism. Following this, individuals will be encouraged to make conscientious choices that question existing practices whilst embracing the importance of being confident and creatively diverse.
The course will deliver a challenging curriculum that embeds theory with practice and is rooted in professional contexts. It challenges and should exceed the educational expectations of AUBâs students and crystallise their industry relevance when progressing to alumni. Creative diversity is encouraged through the energetic delivery of a challenging curriculum that has global and sustainable currency. Graduates will have the ability to assess, question, dream, conceptualise translate and deliver for a breadth of challenges and opportunities offered by the global creative industries.
Approximately 60% of your time will be contact hours, including scheduled teaching sessions, but also supervised time in the workshop or studio. 100% of assessment for this course is coursework based.
**You can choose to complete your degree in one of the following named awards:**
- BA (Hons) Fashion (Design)
- BA (Hons) Fashion (Design Menswear)
- BA (Hons) Fashion (Design Technology)
- BA (Hons) Fashion (Product)
**By the end of the course you will be able to...**
- Relate specialist knowledge and critical skills developed within contemporary fashion practice to emerging trends at the forefront of the global fashion design industry.
- Adapt to and engage with a breadth of challenges that exist in a fast changing professional environment, and engage in new developments and ideas around the development of fashion products.
- Demonstrate an ability to contribute to and collaborate with peers, companies and brands at diverse levels of the industry, through practice and engagement with established contemporary brands and fashion businesses.
- Demonstrate an awareness of creative business practices in relation to employability and professional development.
- Build on networks of professional contacts to open up new opportunities for engagement in professional projects.
- Apply transferable skills, exercising initiative and personal responsibility.
- Extend academic learning as an independent, self-reflective and creative practitioner, fully prepared for professional environments or postgraduate study.
**Studios and resources**
Our dedicated studios are equipped with a range of state-of-the-art industry-standard specialist machinery as well as pressing equipment, dress stands and cutting tables. Youâll have access to specialist workshops and equipment for the production and manufacture of footwear and accessories.
Coursework and practical work
Application deadline details:
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £16,500
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.