**Reasons to choose Kingston**
- This degree is set to be accredited by the British Psychological Society (subject to accreditation as of Jan 2019), which will allow you to take the first step in becoming a chartered psychologist.
- Kingstonâs close links with businesses and clinics will expose you to real-life working environments and add valuable work experience to your CV.
- Youâll use purpose-built research laboratories and psychological analysis equipment, such as eye trackers, a driving simulator, EEG (the recording of brain activity) and specialist survey software.
**About this course**
This degree is for anyone who wishes to use the insights offered by psychology to understand the behaviour of individuals, or groups, associated with business. The course combines business understanding with psychological theory. It will allow you to understand the effect of cognitive and social processes on business behaviour and decision making across an organisation; including marketing, finance, human resources and business strategy.
Youâll use specialised equipment and software designed to test theories of business behaviour and decision making. Youâll be able to measure brain activity, analyse how decisions are made amongst choices and study how disruption can affect brain behaviour. Youâll have a wide choice of research projects that cover all aspects of business, ranging from cognitive psychology through to social psychology.
This course has a sandwich year which takes place between Year 2 and your Final Year. During this sandwich year you will take a placement within a relevant setting, ensuring you gain essential experience to add to your CV and help you secure a graduate job.
Examples of modules:
- Psychology Research Methods 1
- Foundations of Psychology
- Introduction to Business Psychology
- Business Management
- Psychology Research Methods 1
- Social, Individual and Develop-mental Diffs.
- Brain, Behaviour and Cognition
- Managing Resources
Final Year (Core)
- Psychology Research Project
- Occupational Psychology
- Work Placement
Final Year (Optional)
- Advanced Issues in the Psychology of Thinking
- Leading Change
- Business Intelligence and Big Data Mining
- Management Strategy and Organisation
Application deadline details:
A very supportive environment, with a comforting and lush market town surrounding campus in lovely Surrey. It’s a such a beautiful campus, but if you fancy a bit of excitement, the centre of London's only 20 minutes away – the best of both worlds, really. And there's a really friendly atmosphere, especially with the Student Union who are incredibly helpful, very friendly and considerate. There’s loads going on throughout the year – for one, the food festival hits town just as Freshers gets going, so you can meet your new flatmates and find new and exotic hangover cures!
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
I am liking everything about it so far. The location is beautiful. Students are provided with many useful programs during the first week to help you settle in the most. The uni is very organised and proactive in its services
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.