This course investigates aspects of taxonomy, evolution, ecology, behaviour and conservation of wild animals. The course has a significant international as well as UK focus and you will have the opportunity to take part in field courses and project work in Europe and Africa. Throughout the course you will acquire useful laboratory skills and develop analytical skills that can be applied to the conservation and management of biodiversity.
Features and benefits of the course:
- The flexible degree courses we offer give you a thorough grounding in relevant aspects of the biological sciences.
- Throughout your course you will acquire practical skills in the laboratory and in the field, both in the UK and overseas.
- You will explore topics and issues that impact upon our lives and the world around us and there is a range of exciting and rewarding specialisms to choose from.
- You will learn in high specification teaching and research laboratories which include a specialist microbiology and cell/molecular biology lab, a DNA-sequencing lab, specialist animal behaviour facilities with Ethovision and Observer software, invertebrate behaviour and freshwater biology labs, and controlled environment plant growth chambers. We also have high spec nuclear magnetic resonance, spectrometry and chromatography instrumentation which gives you hands-on experience of advanced analysis techniques.
- The four year study abroad route gives you the opportunity to study overseas during your third year in in Europe, North America or Australia.
- Or you can undertake a 12 month placement in Year 3 to boost your employment prospects.
- You will benefit from research into tropical and local species carried out by researchers in the School.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in fieldwork in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.
Application deadline details:
My uni is absolutely amazing. It's located in a bubbly and lively area. The streets are pouring with students just like you! With amazing modern facilities and excellent career prospects what else can you ask for! All work and no play makes a very frustrated student, that's why there's always something going on to keep you interested. So if you want the best for you, head on over to MMU! You're Welcome :)
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.