Inspiring performance. Developing people. Managing change. Recruiting new employees and retaining existing staff. Building relationships and fostering collaboration. There are countless areas of business where an understanding of human behaviour is a huge advantage. When a business looks for ways to turn things around, to transform their organisation or to reshape their culture, youâll have the skills to help lead the way.
With a range of units covering everything from coaching and decision-making, to personality in the workplace and cross-cultural leadership, youâll investigate how to make organisations, teams and individuals more positive, more productive and more effective. Youâll consider how other fields â including social and cognitive psychology, power conflict and politics â inform business psychology, as well as developing a strong foundation of business understanding, in areas like accounting, strategic management and working in the digital era.
Throughout the course, youâll find a good balance of academic theory and real-world practice. So, while youâll develop your knowledge of the scientific principles at play, youâll also learn how they apply in the real workplace by looking at real case studies.
By the time you graduate, you should be equipped with the transferable skills and knowledge to step into a wide range of career paths. Whether you see your future working in an area like change management, HR, executive coaching or organisational development, youâll graduate with the tools to make a real impact for any business â and to take your first steps toward the highest levels of leadership.
**Features and Benefits**
- **Distinctive** - This course is one of the few of its kind in the UK, offering a programme of units focused on this specialist area.
- **Links** - We have close links with The Association for Business Psychology, which is the professional body that champions the use of psychology in the workplace.
- **Employability** - Strong focus on personal development, helping you to improve your employability.
- **Aim high** - A highly supportive environment and an expert academic team to help you achieve your academic goals.
- **Choose a placement or study abroad** â The course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies, so you donât have to decide now.
- **Regular events** - Regular guest speakers from a range of UK and overseas organisations.
- **Broad range of teaching methods** - Interactive, fun and collaborative teaching delivered through a combination of lectures, classroom sessions, workshops and seminars, facilitating debate and interaction.
- **Fantastic experience** - Numerous social and extra-curricular activities helping you to enjoy the experience.
Application deadline details:
My uni is absolutely amazing. It's located in a bubbly and lively area. The streets are pouring with students just like you! With amazing modern facilities and excellent career prospects what else can you ask for! All work and no play makes a very frustrated student, that's why there's always something going on to keep you interested. So if you want the best for you, head on over to MMU! You're Welcome :)
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.