This course follows an interpretative approach to understanding the relationship between culture, society, place and space. It focuses on social, economic, political, cultural and human environment processes and patterns and how they change over space and time, from the local to the global.
Your study of key theories will enable you to develop and apply appropriate techniques in understanding the complexities of real lives in the modern world, and the subjectâs relevance and dynamism in interpreting them.
You will undertake a critical geographical perspective on past, present and future developments of societies and cultures, essential for a broad and informed understanding of the world.
Features and benefits of the course:
- Manchester Metropolitan was ranked as the UK's greenest university in the 2017 People and Planet University League.
- The four year study abroad route gives you the opportunity to study overseas during your third year in North America or Australia.
- Alternatively the four year sandwich route allows you to spend your third year on an employment placement enhancing your career opportunities on graduation.
- The School has been awarded Green Hero Status for Excellence in Environmental Education and Practice from the Green Organisation.
- Residential fieldwork opportunities in the UK or overseas are available during each year of the degree.
- Our degrees explore the nature and causes of variability in natural environments and the social world in which you live. We will help you to develop skills to investigate these interactions to meet future challenges such as global inequalities, climate change, environmental issues and global urbanisation.
- Our laboratories and facilities are state-of-the-art and will give you first-hand experience of a wide range of manual and instrumental lab skills and techniques.
- Through their work on the assessment of climate change, research staff in the School's Centre for Aviation Transport and the Environment have contributed to the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to Al Gore and the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Application deadline details:
My uni is absolutely amazing. It's located in a bubbly and lively area. The streets are pouring with students just like you! With amazing modern facilities and excellent career prospects what else can you ask for! All work and no play makes a very frustrated student, that's why there's always something going on to keep you interested. So if you want the best for you, head on over to MMU! You're Welcome :)
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.