Human Geography will introduce you to contemporary theories and approaches to understanding the relationship between society and space. Drawing on internationally recognised research expertise in economic, social, political and cultural geography, the course will explain and develop your understanding of the key challenges the world is facing in the 21st century. You will receive training in qualitative research, which you will apply in Manchester and overseas. You can opt to follow specialist pathways through to your final year, in environmental sustainability or Geographical Information Studies. In addition, you can opt to undertake vocational experience, or you may study the course over 4 years by including a sandwich placement or a year studying overseas.
Features and benefits of the course:
- Manchester Metropolitan was ranked as the UK's greenest university in the 2017 People and Planet University League
- The four year study abroad route gives you the opportunity to study overseas during your third year in North America or Australia.
- Alternatively the four year sandwich route allows you to spend your third year on an employment placement enhancing your career opportunities on graduation.
- The School has been awarded Green Hero Status for Excellence in Environmental Education and Practice from the Green Organisation.
- Residential fieldwork opportunities in the UK or overseas are available during each year of the degree.
- Our degrees explore the nature and causes of variability in natural environments and the social world in which you live. We will help you to develop skills to investigate these interactions to meet future challenges such as global inequalities, climate change, environmental issues and global urbanisation.
- Our laboratories and facilities are state-of-the-art and will give you first-hand experience of a wide range of manual and instrumental lab skills and techniques.
- Through their work on the assessment of climate change, research staff in the School's Centre for Aviation Transport and the Environment have contributed to the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to Al Gore and the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Application deadline details:
My uni is absolutely amazing. It's located in a bubbly and lively area. The streets are pouring with students just like you! With amazing modern facilities and excellent career prospects what else can you ask for! All work and no play makes a very frustrated student, that's why there's always something going on to keep you interested. So if you want the best for you, head on over to MMU! You're Welcome :)
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.