This programme provides the specialist knowledge and expertise required for a professional career in electrical and electronic engineering. Project-based learning in all years, including live industry-led projects, will help you develop the transferable skills and multi-disciplinary awareness so highly prized by industry.
Features and benefits of the course:
- 94%* of Electrical and Electronic Engineering graduates go straight into employment and/or further study.
- This degree course shares a common first and second year with our MEng degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and a common first year with our MEng and BEng degree in Mechanical Engineering, so you may be able to transfer between courses.
- All units have been designed to use up to date examples from the world of engineering. Every year, the School of Engineering invites industrial and academic colleagues to set new, âliveâ projects that challenge our students to devise innovative solutions to current problems. You will get feedback and advice directly from industrialists and have the chance to find out exactly what it takes to impress a potential future employer.
- You will have the opportunity to work with other students in the Student Society on extra-curricular projects to apply and showcase your engineering and design skills in, for example, the Formula Student racing car competition or the Engineering For People Design Challenge.
- You can apply to become a STEM Ambassador â great for developing your communication skills. Full training will be provided for you to work on projects in which you can share your enthusiasm for engineering, design and technology in schools and at public events.
- You may be invited to publish the results of your individual and group work in the School of Engineering Student Societyâs peer-reviewed journal and to present your final project work at the Schoolâs degree show.
- Full training will be provided for you to use our state-of-the-art workshops, laboratories and specialist engineering software.
*DLHE survey 2014, for all respondents available for employment or further study and whose destination are known.
Application deadline details:
My uni is absolutely amazing. It's located in a bubbly and lively area. The streets are pouring with students just like you! With amazing modern facilities and excellent career prospects what else can you ask for! All work and no play makes a very frustrated student, that's why there's always something going on to keep you interested. So if you want the best for you, head on over to MMU! You're Welcome :)
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.