The MMath is an integrated four year undergraduate Masters course that will enable you to gain a detailed understanding of a range of mathematics, statistics and operational research topics. The course has sufficient flexibility to allow you to select areas of study that will develop your knowledge, experience and skills appropriate to a wide range of mathematics-related careers, and it will especially develop your skills in using mathematical software to solve real-world problems.
Typical areas of study include pure mathematics, mathematical software, statistics, operational research, financial mathematics, number theory and cryptography, mathematics for computer graphics, numerical methods for solving differential equations, mathematical modelling, dynamical systems and chaos theory.
The MMath will allow you to take units in the fourth year along with a major project which will develop your computational skills in our research areas of differential equations and dynamical systems, and computational fluid dynamics.
Features and benefits of the course:
- In the 2017 National Student Survey, mathematics students gave this course an overall 96% satisfaction rating.
Mathematics was voted best course in the 2012 MMU Students' Union teaching awards and has been shortlisted for four successive years.
- Our excellent facilities include fourteen teaching laboratories equipped with high-specification PCs and Apple Macs with specialist, industry-standard software running on either Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
- We have a rolling plan of replacement for both hardware and software to ensure the School keeps up with developments in the world of computing and technology.
- We recently invested Â£300k in hardware upgrades across the Faculty of Science and Engineering. Our excellent facilities include ten new state-of-the-art teaching laboratories equipped with high-specification PCs and Apple Macs with high performance systems and specialist software tools which work on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- You will make extensive use of mathematical software packages such as MATLAB, Minitab and SPSS to solve real-world problems - experience which is highly sought after by employers.
- Our degree courses are approved by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications.
Application deadline details:
My uni is absolutely amazing. It's located in a bubbly and lively area. The streets are pouring with students just like you! With amazing modern facilities and excellent career prospects what else can you ask for! All work and no play makes a very frustrated student, that's why there's always something going on to keep you interested. So if you want the best for you, head on over to MMU! You're Welcome :)
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.