Elite athletes around the world increasingly rely on sophisticated mathematical data to assess, enhance and improve personal performance and the performance of essential sporting equipment. From the analysis of human movement to the ways in which the body responds to exercise, a thorough understanding of applied mathematical techniques is essential. If you have an interest in Mathematics and its application in Sport Science, then you'll really enjoy studying this course.
You will benefit from excellent facilities and specialist teaching from both our Mathematics and Sport Science departments. Optional modules in your final year enable you to mould your course to your own interests – including choosing a project from either Mathematics or Sport Science. As a graduate you'll have complementary skills from two disciplines and so will be able to choose from a broad range of careers.
• • Why study Sport Science and Mathematics at Nottingham Trent University? • •
• We've got a great reputation. We're consistently rated as one of the best new universities in the UK and that's not all, 100% of mathematics students would also recommend studying at NTU (National Student Survey 2017).
• We have inspiring learning environments. You'll benefit from our multi award-winning Pavilion building, which was the 2017 Guardian University Awards winner for Buildings that Inspire. We have a bespoke sport psychology and management suite, exercise and health laboratories, a biomechanics laboratory and biochemistry laboratories. We are one of the few campuses with our own environmental chamber. We also have Performance Analysis and Human Movement laboratories including a 3D motion capture system that analyses human movement.
• We've got an excellent employability record. 97 % of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
• We're one of the top universities for offering placements. Our courses offer the opportunity to apply for a placement in the UK or abroad, and for summer scholarships on a research project or in local schools, each giving you real-life experience that employers are looking for. Recent placements include Grant Thornton Group, and CricHQ in New Zealand.
Application deadline details:
Nottingham is an absolutely amazing town, with the best student club ever, the Ocean. You’ll never hear the Baywatch theme the same way again. There’s a really nice student vibe, a ‘friendly’ rivalry between Nottingham U, Batman’s house, and three pubs claiming to be the oldest pub in Britain (that serve cheap pints to boot). The library is also amazing, with loads of study space, and the SU threw loads of great events, and I joined a few fantastic societies that really helped me experience all the uni had to offer.
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £13,900
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.