Biomedical engineering is a very diverse field which is also developing rapidly. To help you to become a bioengineer of the future, we work closely with industry to ensure you are as well-prepared as possible for a career in this exciting and rewarding industry. We pride ourselves on our hands-on approach to teaching and giving you real-world experience. With our new engineering courses we are taking these experiences to the next level with a revolutionary approach to teaching engineering.
Our Biomedical Engineering courses are highly practical and use real examples and projects from industry and medicine. On this course you'll look at current health issues and develop materials, processes and devices that help prevent or treat disease or rehabilitate patients.
Areas of bioengineering covered on this course are biomaterials; bioinstrumentation; biomechanics; medical imaging; rehabilitation; and cellular, tissue, and genetic engineering.
We are partnering with industry every step of the way to ensure that you become the very best engineer of the future by working with all types and sizes of engineering organisations. In fact, this course was developed and designed with industry partners such as Speedo, PepsiCo, IET and GlaxoSmithKline.
In our innovative approach, you'll spend a large proportion of your time each year applying theory to live, industry-led projects. You'll also have the opportunity to apply for a year-long work placement to boost your industry knowledge even further.
• • Why study Biomedical Engineering at Nottingham Trent University? • •
• We've got a great reputation. We're consistently rated as one of the best universities for teaching in the UK. We were awarded a gold rating in the government's Teaching Excellence Framework, and the rankings produced by Times Higher Education put us third in the UK.Our enthusiastic, experienced staff work hard to provide the best learning experience possible.
• Our graduates get jobs. Over 96% of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2015-16).
• We've got satisfied students. A massive 93% of our students would recommend studying at NTU (National Student Survey 2017).
• We're one of the top universities for offering placements. Our courses offer the opportunity to apply for a placement in the UK or abroad, giving you the real-life experience employers are looking for, including recent placements at CERN, E.ON, The Netherlands Forensic Institute and Diamond Light Source.
• We have inspiring learning environments.Â Clifton Campus has seen millions of pounds worth of investment over the last five years and has recently been redeveloped, making it an inspiring place to study. But we're not stopping there – the School of Science and Technology is investing £50 million in science at between now and 2020.
Application deadline details:
Nottingham is an absolutely amazing town, with the best student club ever, the Ocean. You’ll never hear the Baywatch theme the same way again. There’s a really nice student vibe, a ‘friendly’ rivalry between Nottingham U, Batman’s house, and three pubs claiming to be the oldest pub in Britain (that serve cheap pints to boot). The library is also amazing, with loads of study space, and the SU threw loads of great events, and I joined a few fantastic societies that really helped me experience all the uni had to offer.
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £13,900
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.