Reliable and efficient software systems are vitally important to businesses in every walk of life, including safety-critical applications in areas as diverse as medicine, aerospace and defence. The demand for qualified software engineers is growing rapidly, both in the development and maintenance of existing systems and in the design and implementation of new software.
If programming is your passion, then this course will enable you to develop your interest to the full. You'll graduate with the precise combination of skills required to design and develop robust, efficient, high quality software.
• • Why study Software Engineering at Nottingham Trent University? • •
• We've got an excellent employability record. Over 96% of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
• We're one of the top universities for offering placements. All courses offer the opportunity to get work experience giving you the real-life experience employers are looking for. Recent placements include Vauxhall, Walt Disney, IBM, Rolls Royce and Microsoft.
• We're delivering research with impact – our Computing and Technology staff contribute to research activity in a number of areas. NTU has recently been awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize for research – the highest award achievable.
• We provide innovative courses. We hold accreditations from the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, guaranteeing that our courses are relevant to industry.
• We have inspiring learning environments. You'll also have access to specialist centres which have facilities including games console labs, networking and security labs, human-interactive technology and stereo-projection.
Application deadline details:
Nottingham is an absolutely amazing town, with the best student club ever, the Ocean. You’ll never hear the Baywatch theme the same way again. There’s a really nice student vibe, a ‘friendly’ rivalry between Nottingham U, Batman’s house, and three pubs claiming to be the oldest pub in Britain (that serve cheap pints to boot). The library is also amazing, with loads of study space, and the SU threw loads of great events, and I joined a few fantastic societies that really helped me experience all the uni had to offer.
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £13,900
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.