This degree combines study of the rapidly expanding field of sport and exercise science, along with the more vocational area of coaching. It aims to put the coaching aspect of the course on a scientific, evidence-based footing and will enable you to apply scientific sport principles to coaching and improving sport performance.
By choosing to study on this course, you'll gain the essential knowledge and skills to become an innovative and effective professional, capable of working with individuals, teams and squads.
• • Why study Coaching and Sport Science at Nottingham Trent University? • •
• We're one of the top universities for offering placements. All our courses offer the opportunity to apply for a placement in the UK or abroad, giving you the real-life experience employers are looking for, including recent placements at British Olympic Association, Nottingham Rugby Club, England Hockey, Nottingham Forest Football Club, Derby Rugby Club and British Association for Sport and Exercise Sciences.
• We've got an excellent employability record. Over 96% of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
• We have inspiring learning environments.Â We have a bespoke sport psychology and management suite, exercise and health laboratories, a biomechanics laboratory and biochemistry laboratories. We are one of the few campuses with our own environmental chamber. We also have Performance Analysis and Human Movement laboratories including a 3D motion capture system that analyses human movement.
• Get extra qualifications. You can get involved in coaching education opportunities and take the REPS Personal Trainer qualification, which leads to nationally recognised professional awards.
• Get a head start. We value entrepreneurial spirit and encourage it to grow with student-led enterprise and consultancy projects in conjunction with organisations such as Nottingham Forest Football Club and local authority leisure providers.
• We've got expert staff. Our team includes British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) accredited exercise physiologists and sports psychologists.
Application deadline details:
Nottingham is an absolutely amazing town, with the best student club ever, the Ocean. You’ll never hear the Baywatch theme the same way again. There’s a really nice student vibe, a ‘friendly’ rivalry between Nottingham U, Batman’s house, and three pubs claiming to be the oldest pub in Britain (that serve cheap pints to boot). The library is also amazing, with loads of study space, and the SU threw loads of great events, and I joined a few fantastic societies that really helped me experience all the uni had to offer.
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £13,900
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.