My course optionsCourse options
My top 5
Business Management: Entrepreneurship
Richmond, The American International University in London
Make sure to
National student survey
- University score:
Graduate salary information not available.
Graduate salary information not available.
BA (Hons), Full-time
, Duration: 4 Years
Our BA (Hons) Business Management degree provides students with a broad range of skills in the key functional areas of business and provide them with an opportunity to develop concentrations, in the last 2 years of their 4 year degree, in either Entrepreneurship or International Business. This degree programme enables our students to respond to the unprecedented demand for workers with knowledge and skills required to lead innovative organizations, from family run businesses to global corporations. Students acquire a solid foundation in the business fundamentals with information technology and a global perspective as the integrating and unifying theme throughout the course of their studies.
The Business Management degree provides its students with an education in business skills that helps them achieve their intellectual potential. It delivers a business education based on an American Liberal Arts tradition within a diverse and culturally rich environment that encourages cultural understanding and flexibility, so that its graduates can operate effectively and efficiently the global economy.
Richmond University is the only university in the UK that grants dual US and UK degrees and upon successful completion of this programme, students will receive two degrees in one.
- A systematic understanding of key aspects of entrepreneurship, including acquisition of coherent and detailed knowledge, at least some of which is at or informed by the forefront of defined aspects of a discipline
- An ability to accurately deploy established techniques of analysis within a discipline
- Conceptual understanding that enables the student: to devise and sustain arguments, and/or to solve problems, using ideas and techniques, some of which are at the forefront of a discipline; and to describe and comment upon particular aspects of current research, or equivalent
- The ability to make use of scholarly publications and primary sources (e.g. refereed research articles and/or original materials appropriate to the discipline)
- To equip students with the skills necessary to undertake successful postgraduate study and/or to be successful in a professional work environment.
Year one, core modules - Functions and Applications, Transitions I, Research & Writing I, Scientific Reasoning, Creative Expression, Foundations of Business, Transitions II.
Year two, core modules - Financial Accounting, Intro to Microeconomics, Computer Applications in Management, Calculus with Applications, Research and Writing II, Managerial Accounting, Intro to Macroeconomics, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Probability & Statistics I.
Year three, core modules - Entrepreneurial Theory & Practice, Research Methods, Legal and Ethical Concepts, Managerial Economics, Corporate Finance, Organisational Behaviour, Principles of Marketing.
Year four, core modules - Entrepreneurship & Business Development, European Business Environment, Competition and Strategy, Entrepreneurship & Family Business, Entrepreneurial Strategy, Global Marketing Management.
Elective modules available in all years.
Application deadline details:
Are you a student here? We'd be chuffed if you could write an introduction. It will be super helpful for everyone thinking of applying: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DS5TC9B
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £14,500
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.
© Copyright The Student Room 2017 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE