Study LLB Business Law at Swansea University and you will gain a specialised qualifying law degree taught by industry experts in a supportive environment, giving you an understanding of how the criminal justice system works. The Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law offers you an exceptional student experience, enhanced employability, and a progressive curriculum, which equips you to understand the changing legal landscape.
- A qualifying Law degree focussing on all aspects of business and commercial law, helping you start your career as a business law professional
- Top 200 for law (QS World Ranking)
- Overall rating for teaching in Law is 92% (National Student Survey 2017)
- 99% of students agree that staff are good at explaining things (National Student Survey 2017)
- 90% of Swansea LLB graduates are in employment and/or further study. 75% of those employed held a professional or managerial job six months after the course.
- Extensive range of work placement opportunities both domestic and international, incl. Botswana, California & Dublin
- Opportunity to undertake a year abroad at the end of year 2
- Year 3 consists entirely of optional modules – with a wide range to choose from!
- Experiential learning (Clinical Legal Education, Miscarriage of Justice Project)
- The opportunity to enter annual mooting competitions
- Learn through lectures (which are recorded), seminars and tutorials
Years 1 and 2 consist of the 7 core modules of a qualifying Law degree; Contract Law, Criminal Law, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, EU Law, Law of Tort and Public Law.
Year 3 will consist entirely of optional modules. This will give you the chance to choose from an extensive list, from trade law to competition law, allowing you to shape your own learning.
Assessments are through written examinations and written assessments.
Application deadline details:
I loved Swansea so much – I wasn’t sure what to expect, but the place blew me away. Wind Street is the best! There are so many things to do, although my favourite was talking the walk along the coast to Mumbles, a tiny fishing village, getting a cup of tea in the local café and getting away from it all for a while. Everyone was incredible open and welcoming, the beach was stunning and host to some very good memories, the course was amazing and my tutors were so inspiring. Everyone’s been so friendly and supportive.
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.