See yourself as a qualified NMC registered nurse, confidently working across a wide range of settings? Weâll kick-start your career and help you get there.
Weâve designed this course with your modern nursing career in mind, so not only is 50% of your degree spent on clinical placements, but youâll frequently put your academic knowledge into practice using our mock wards and clinical simulation facilities.
**Why Choose University of Cumbria**
Your employability will be boosted because youâll experience both city and rural healthcare systems and have the chance to develop as a nurse who can manage and influence changes in nursing and healthcare.
And, since weâre one of only a few UK universities offering child, adult, learning disability and mental health nursing, youâll gain a great understanding of other nursing fields to bolster your nursing potential.
- We'll cover the cost of your Uniform, DBS check** and occupational health check
- 100% of students who've wanted a job after graduation have done so successfully
- Eligible to join the NMC Register to practice as a qualified adult nurse
- Our contacts with NHS Trusts and care providers give you great employment prospects
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Opportunity to undertake your own research or alongside academic tutors
- Boost your care skills with events enabling you to see the journey from a patientâs perspective
- Take part in campaigns to implement positive changes in healthcare provision
- Develop leadership skills and learn to manage a team to boost your career
- Former students have won prestigious national awards for their work in nursing
Our primary goal is to see you become an excellent adult nurse, who has a sound and current knowledge of issues and conditions affecting patients across a wide range of practice settings. Youâll be supported closely throughout your degree so that you step into a role as an adult nurse who can confidently make a difference to other peoplesâ lives when it matters.
Application deadline details:
Carlisle is not the party capital of the UK – if you’re looking to drink your student loan away, you’ll find it difficult here! What you get instead is a lovely small town, and a small student body. This means you’ll really connect with everyone here, and your teachers can really devote their attention to you and help with your degree. The lectures and seminars are also really cosy, and tutors will often encourage debate between you and your class, which for will really help with the learning and fostering of ideas.
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £10,500
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.