Being a midwife is a rewarding and exciting profession and with this course youâll confidently step into your career â as 100% of our students have done.
Bring your drive and dedication to become a successful midwife and weâll give you a course packed with all of the skills and experience you need to become a Nursing and Midwifery Council qualified midwife.
**Why Choose University of Cumbria**
Youâll develop a sound knowledge of relevant anatomy, physiology and pathology, together with a deep understanding of the psycho-social context of childbirth.
And, our placement opportunities â which account for 50% of the course â mean that youâll often put your clinical skills into practice, giving you the confidence to ease into your career as a midwife.
- We'll cover the cost of your uniform, DBS check**, Occupational Health check
- Eligible to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council immediately after graduating
- Experience both city and rural healthcare systems â widening your nursing experience
- Our contacts with NHS Trusts and care providers provide fantastic employment prospects
- Closely supported by passionate tutors who are experienced midwives
- Boost your academic learning with practical sessions in our up-to-date mock wards and clinical simulation facilities
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise
- Placement opportunity in the UK or abroad (including Germany, Spain Kenya and Uganda)
- A thriving student-run Midwifery Society
Youâll learn the theory, but youâll always be putting it into practice so you can graduate, ready to walk into a career supporting women and their families through pregnancy, birth and postnatal period.
So, if you dream of being a midwife and want to be among the 100% of our students whoâve moved into employment or further study within 6 months of graduating, then this is the course for you.
Application deadline details:
Carlisle is not the party capital of the UK – if you’re looking to drink your student loan away, you’ll find it difficult here! What you get instead is a lovely small town, and a small student body. This means you’ll really connect with everyone here, and your teachers can really devote their attention to you and help with your degree. The lectures and seminars are also really cosy, and tutors will often encourage debate between you and your class, which for will really help with the learning and fostering of ideas.
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £10,500
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.