**Our Psychology course has research at its heart, a vibrant community of staff and students who are passionate about the subject, and course content designed with your future career in mind.**
**KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:**
- **STUDENT SATISFACTION:** 93% of our BSc (Hons) Psychology students said that they are satisfied with the overall quality of this course. 94% are also satisfied with the quality of teaching on the course (National Student Survey 2019)
- **RANKINGS:** Psychology at Derby is ranked joint fifth in the UK for student satisfaction with the course, and fourth in the UK for student satisfaction with feedback (Guardian University Guide 2020). This course is also ranked sixth out of 109 institutions for teaching quality (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018).
- **ACCREDITATION:** This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society and so provided you meet their criteria, you will be eligible for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership.
- **EXCELLENT TEACHING:** Our teaching quality is ranked sixth out of 109 institutions according to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2018.
- **RAISE YOUR PROFILE IN INDUSTRY:** Take advantage of the opportunity to build the skills and applied experience that employers look for through an optional work placement.
- **IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE:** We will introduce you to contemporary research into the social, developmental, cognitive and biological dimensions of behaviour. As part of your studies, youâll look at the applications of psychology in a wide range of areas â from understanding the nature and causes of mental illness to investigating decision-making in real life situations.
- **TAILORED TO YOU:** There are plenty of opportunities to tailor your studies to match your personal interests and career aspirations through our wide selection of optional modules.
- **RESEARCH-INFORMED TEACHING:** Our course is research-led, which means you'll be taught by expert staff who are conducting influential studies into the specific areas of psychology you'll study. You'll also benefit from guest lectures by world-class researchers.
- **FACILITIES:** To undertake your investigations, you'll have access to dedicated project rooms and a range of psychological recording equipment such as the latest eye tracker equipment for analysing eye movement. Our observation suite features rooms equipped with two-way mirrors and DVD recording equipment.
**WHAT YOU'LL COVER:**
- At Derby youâll study a wide range of theories and research methods to give you a well-rounded understanding of this fascinating subject. Our extensive range of optional modules enables you to explore the areas of Psychology youâre most passionate about whether itâs addiction, emotion, education, human behaviour or neuropsychology, allowing you to make an informed decision on your future career path.
**HOW YOU'RE ASSESSED:**
- We use a variety of assessment methods, including essays, exams, posters, presentations, and reports. Our assessments enable you to develop a wide range of transferable skills.
- Psychological knowledge is invaluable in many walks of life, so your career options will be broad - our graduates are now enjoying success in roles including health service supervisors, assistant therapeutic care workers, and mental health support workers. This course also prepares you for further training in psychology and provides an essential platform if you would like to become a professional psychologist.
- This course is available with a Foundation Year option.
- This course is available with an Industrial Placement Year.
- You can also combine another subject with this course to study a Joint Honours degree.
Application deadline details:
Lovely university, with really great tutors and a really nice layout of three campuses next to town. The nightlife isn’t too amazing in the town, but if you’re in a group you can grab a taxi into Nottingham which will wind up pretty cheap and there’s a big scene there. The St Peters Quarter has lovely little shops to eat into your loan, and I recommend winding up your summers at the Darley Park concert - beautiful music and fireworks!
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £13,250
Dispite being not very prestigious, I could have got into a "better" uni had I wanted, I think derby is amazing
by gemgemO_O on 4th October 2015
Derby is a university that's welcoming and friendly, it's a slightly smaller campus- but you can still get lost so it's nice that you always have someone to ask, Derby uni was the best choice for me, and I recommend checking it out before hand :)
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.