**This mathematics degree will give you the advanced mathematical methods and techniques youâll need to succeed in mathematics-based roles.**
**Why study this at Greenwich?**
* As a student on the BSc Hons Mathematics, you will have the opportunity to develop skills such as logical analysis, deduction, mathematical modelling, and problem solving which are valued by employers.
* You will learn to identify and analyse relevant data from different sources to help solve problems, and to acquire IT skill through using specialist contemporary mathematical software packages.
* Throughout, you will learn how to apply mathematical concepts appropriately.
* Overall, you will be provided with opportunities throughout the course to develop your verbal and oral communication skills, improve your capacity for problem solving, independent thinking, interpreting and presenting mathematical findings, translating quantitative information into qualitative form, while developing your ability to work in teams.
The BSc Hons Mathematics has been accredited by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications to meet the educational requirements of the Chartered Mathematician designation when followed by subsequent training and experience in employment to obtain equivalent competences to those specified by the Quality Assurance Agency for taught masters degrees.
In response to our students' increased interest in pursuing a career in teaching, we also offer courses such as 'Mathematics and Society' and 'UAS: Mathematics, Education and Communication'. The latter offers teaching experience through the Undergraduate Ambassadors Scheme. This encourages and nurtures a new generation of mathematicians and provides the opportunity to gain classroom experience as a final-year option.
Our Mathematical Sciences degrees are ranked 6th in the UK in the 2019 Guardian university league tables for Mathematics and 1st in London for student satisfaction in the Complete University Guide 2019
The aims of the programme are:
* To provide you with a comprehensive understanding of mathematical methods and techniques, and the ability to apply them to real-life problems
* To develop your problem-solving and analytical skills
* To provide you with experience of practical applications of mathematics, including mathematical modelling in various contexts
* To give you training in the use of mathematical software and an understanding of the strengths and limitations of computers and other tools.
This programme will meet the educational requirements of the Chartered Mathematician designation, awarded by the Institute of Mathematics and its applications, when it is followed by subsequent training and experience in employment to obtain equivalent competences to those specified by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for taught masterâs degrees.
Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade. Some courses may also include âpracticeâ assessments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
Application deadline details:
Greenwich is seriously the nicest part of London! It’s a lovely little suburb, with great little shops, pubs with atmosphere and character, and the park, which is beautiful no matter what time of year. The one thing it isn’t is cheap, but the eagle eyed among you will be able to find the right deals and cheaper nights out in the city – New Cross is a short bus ride away and has plenty of nice, cheap(er) pubs. The course itself was great, with the lovely accommodation being the crowning touch of my experience.
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.