**Our mathematics with business degree gives you a knowledge of mathematics and business processes and the ability to apply them to real-life problems.**
**Why study this at Greenwich?**
* The BSc Hons Mathematics with Business course will give you the opportunity to develop skills such as logical analysis, deduction, problem-solving, mathematical and business modelling.
* You will learn to identify and analyse relevant data from different sources and acquire IT skills using specialist contemporary mathematical software packages
* Throughout you will acquire a broad understanding of business process, mathematical methods and techniques and the ability to apply them appropriately
* Overall, you will be provided with opportunities throughout the course to develop your verbal and oral communication skills, improve your capacity for independent thinking, interpreting and presenting mathematical findings, translating quantitative information into qualitative form, while developing your ability to work in teams.
Mathematics, one of the most fascinating and intellectually challenging subjects, constantly develops the ways in which we live and think, as it plays a key role in most of today's scientific and technological advancements. Students on this programme not only develop a sound knowledge of mathematics and its application to real-life situations but also build up their ability to analyse and solve problems.
The degree presents students with an opportunity to acquire skills, such as logical analysis, deduction, mathematical modelling and calculation, which are valued by most employers. In addition, this programme combines mathematics with business as a minor component. Students on this programme will have one quarter of their studies in the minor subject area of business throughout their degree.
Our Mathematical Sciences degrees are ranked 6th in the UK in the 2019 Guardian university league tables for Mathematics and 1st in London for student satisfaction in the Complete University Guide 2019.
The aims of the programme are:
* To provide students with a comprehensive understanding of mathematical methods and techniques, and the ability to apply them to real-life problems
* To develop students' problem-solving and analytical skills and to provide experience of practical applications of mathematics including mathematical modelling in various contexts
* To provide training in the use of mathematical software, and an understanding of the application of mathematics in business related problems.
This programme will meet the educational requirements of the Chartered Mathematician designation, awarded by the Institute of Mathematics and its applications, when it is followed by subsequent training and experience in employment to obtain equivalent competences to those specified by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for taught masterâs degrees.
Please see our website for more information.
On this course, students are assessed by examinations and coursework. Further details to be confirmed.
Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade. Some courses may also include âpracticeâ assessments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
Application deadline details:
Greenwich is seriously the nicest part of London! It’s a lovely little suburb, with great little shops, pubs with atmosphere and character, and the park, which is beautiful no matter what time of year. The one thing it isn’t is cheap, but the eagle eyed among you will be able to find the right deals and cheaper nights out in the city – New Cross is a short bus ride away and has plenty of nice, cheap(er) pubs. The course itself was great, with the lovely accommodation being the crowning touch of my experience.
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.