**Accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) (http://www.pharmacyregulation.org/), our Pharmacy MPharm degree is designed to offer a varied learning experience while giving you the chance to gain a strong foundation in the pharmaceutical sciences. So by studying with us:**
- Youâll be able to combine the theory of science with developing and applying the practical and professional skills youâll need to launch your career
- Youâll be focusing firmly on medicines and patients and have the chance to get to grips with all aspects of the industry, from understanding the development and design of drugs to investigating the role of pharmacists in society
- Youâll be able to work in our formulation laboratory where medicines are made
- Beyond the lab, we also help you build your understanding of how the work you do will have a real impact on people
- By working with prescriptions and thinking about patients right from the start, youâll be able to focus on the end goal of your studies and prepare for scenarios youâre likely to come across as you take your first steps as a healthcare professional
Course scholarships available â up to Â£3000. More details - http://hud.ac/di8
Pharmacy Practice 1
Pharmaceutical Chemistry 1
Human Physiology and Pathology
Formulation and Compounding of Medicines
Scientific Basis of Drug Action
Formulation and Pharmaceutics
Pharmacy Practice 2
Drug Synthesis Metabolism and Analysis
Pharmacy Practice 3
Pharmaceutical Formulation and Drug Analysis
Pharmacy Practice 4
Applied therapeutics - Patients and their Medicine
Drug Design and Development
You will be taught through a series of lectures and workshops alongside laboratory practicals and practice visits, as well as directed personal study. Online learning will also be used which you will be able to access from any computer in your own time. Your progress will be assessed in written exams, essays, short tests, portfolios, and oral presentations.
Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course.
Application deadline details:
Huddersfield was a challenging and fun experience for me. The lecturers really inspired me to think creatively and forced me to consider new perspectives. The city life is ok, there’s not tonnes of clubbing but you can always hop on the train to Leeds or Manchester for a mad one. I prefer to hang out in the pub after lectures, anyway. There are loads of great facilities here too, the library is particularly amazing. The careers service is also incredibly helpful, I walked straight into a job after graduation!
School of Applied Science - Pharmacy: Tel. +44 (0)1484 473867
Email. [email protected]
Overall, the university has few faults. There are always friendly faces on and around campus, there are always events and things going on that cater to all interests. The teaching quality is very very high, and lectures are always made to be engaging.
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.